Light-O-Rama Forums

Installing lights around window

saveupper90

I am trying to install LED string lights around my second floor bedroom windows. I have alumminaum sidding that nothing will stick to and would like to not drill though it. I have shutters that are butted up next to the window. The window frame is also alumminuam and nothing will stick or hold on to it. I was thinking of making a wooden frame but do not know how to hang it around the window. Anybody have any ideas how to hang my light around those windows?

post-12978-0-81153000-1382993877_thumb.j here is my back window, it is the same style as the bedroom windows. As you can see there is no where to place anything or hang anything, the frame sits out about a 1/4 inch from the siding.

I have a similar problem for my Halloween lights. I have brick siding and aluminum windows and didn't want to drill.

I noticed that my window frames have a small lip protruding andI opened up a binder clip, slipped the wires inside and clipped it on the lip of the frame.

It is holding there after wind and rain.

Hope that helps!

I had the same problem..I loosened the shutters, put a roof/ gutter clip behind the shutters at each corner, then tightened them back up..holding so far....

Make a frame out of either PVC or perhaps 3/4 x 3/4" aluminum angle stock or something and hug it around your shutters. The shutters should have no problem supporting a very light weight frame. 

If you use the Au angle, put the vertical side facing away from the house.  If you can't weld Au use perhaps some cheap angle brackets from HD or something to bolt them together. 

If you use PVC, You would need fourn 90's and some pipe.  Use the sch40 or sch80 or it might sag too much. 

You can secure them with a bracket from the back or even use white wire tyes that go thru the shutter slats. 

I made frames from 3/4 sq. x 1/16 wall alum tubing. Mitered the ends with a trim saw with a fine carbide blade. welded a small tab on each side and mounted with some 1/4" stainless hanger bolts and wing nuts. the whole unit for a 84 x 63 frame is only about  4 lbs. RGB strips are mounted to the frames. Next year all I have to do is hang them up and plug them in.

I only put the lights around my shutters but it could just as well go around the window too.  I just use 1/2 inch PVC pipe and what seemed like a million wire ties.  I’ve made clips that wrap around the pipe and also clip behind the shutters but large wire ties looped through the shutters and around the pipe work well also.

Here's a thousand words in a few pictures.

pf5p.jpg

z41z.jpg

1005623s.jpg

1005614s.jpg

• Like 2