Light-O-Rama Forums

Input Trigger Not Working

dkoehler42

I picked up the motion detector, wired it to the header board on my 1602, and placed it outside.  I can see the red light show up on the detector itself, but I show "controller is not responding" on the Hardware Utility.  Just to verify I have it right, the power and trigger lines both go into the header board, and in the Utility I select the unit it's wired into and all controller inputs(even though it's not plugged into one of the channels).  What am I missing?!

First obvious question is, did you connect to the correct pair of pins on the header? Since there are different controllers out there, there are different headers as well.

Sorry for the delay, I couldn't login from my phone.  It is wired exactly as the diagram says, and the header slides down onto the pins cleanly.  I know it's receiving power, as I can see the red light turn on when motion is detected.  It just won't trigger the switch.  I'm aware I'm running into the zero hour here, and I don't want to take this effect out.

I did use the Hardware Utility.  That was in the first post.  I did just notice that it's set to N/O and the PIR is N/C.  That being said, I can't get the box to update.  It comes back with an error, and the only forum thread is from years ago that nobody answered and is now locked.

I'm sorry I forgot that. There's a hardware reset function where a couple of pins are jumpered briefly that would be the next thing to try. You might want to open a ticket with LOR to ask about this issue and what they might think. The reset instructions should be in the manual that came with it or you should be able to download the manual from LOR.

Edited by dgrant