Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR controller with V2 firmware

michael.farney

When LOR2 comes out, I'd like to update a controller or two just to try it it out. However, I need all my controllers for Christmas, and Christmas will operate on LOR1. Is it possible to use the hardware utility to go back to version 1? I have a separate computer for the LOR2 environment, so there is no worry about rolling back the actual software or rolling back sequence files (which i understand is impossible anyway.) Since the environment would be kept completely separate, I wouldn't be touching my "production" sequences, software, or computer. The only issue would be: can I flash a LOR2 controller back to LOR1 using the hardware utility?

michael.farney wrote:

When LOR2 comes out, I'd like to update a controller or two just to try it it out. However, I need all my controllers for Christmas, and Christmas will operate on LOR1. Is it possible to use the hardware utility to go back to version 1? I have a separate computer for the LOR2 environment, so there is no worry about rolling back the actual software or rolling back sequence files (which i understand is impossible anyway.) Since the environment would be kept completely separate, I wouldn't be touching my "production" sequences, software, or computer. The only issue would be: can I flash a LOR2 controller back to LOR1 using the hardware utility?

There is no firmware upgrade required to use LOR II. Your controllers will work fine as is. You just have to remember to make a copy of all your sequence files because if you modify them with LOR II, they are saved in the new format which cannot be read by LOR I.

Michael,

Originally there was going to be a firmware update with the release of LORII.

I believe even back around the time of PLUS. Or maybe from talking with Dan at Plus I remember hearing that the firmware update would not be coming with the initial release of LORII.

I do look for the firmware release at a later date.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Michael,

Originally there was going to be a firmware update with the release of LORII.

I believe even back around the time of PLUS. Or maybe from talking with Dan at Plus I remember hearing that the firmware update would not be coming with the initial release of LORII.

I do look for the firmware release at a later date.

Chuck

As Chuck wrote, eventually there will be a firware upgrade for LOR II. It was decided that the additional support required to roll out new firmware was too much to handle this time of year. Next year we will make the firmware changes.