Light-O-Rama Forums

Media file won't load

livelifed2d

I go into sequencer and try to load the media file. Window comes up "Cannot get the total time of the media file".  Is the problem because I am trying to download a song from my iTunes collection? Rob

I'm a newbie too and anybody else can chime in, did you convert the iTunes song to mp3 first?  That might be the problem.  Right click on the song in iTunes, make an mp3 copy then try to import that.

To expand on what Steve is saying, it needs to be a supported file type, which doesn't include the iTunes format. 

If you are using a supported file type and are still getting the error, consider running the file through Audacity. The PDF instructions from LOR are here.

MP3 and CBR format, sometimes VBR MP3 files will also cause this error to pop up from time to time.

iTunes MUST be converted to MP3 when downloaded, the MP4 format WILL NOT work with current LOR versions, but I think they may be working on adding this format.  Especially since it is becoming the most common format when downloading music.