Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 and M4A Songs limited to 50 seconds

deh45678

Hi everyone,

New to Light O Rama.. I've done some researching and I'm having issues with Sequence Editor not loading the complete song (TSO Wizards). Loads just a tad past the 50 second mark.

I've applied the license (advance software package) and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Changing total time on a musical sequence is more often than not, a bad idea.

Are you saying that if you go File -> New -> Musical Sequence and select the media file, it's only loading 50 seconds or so of the song? 

Changing total time on a musical sequence is more often than not, a bad idea.

Are you saying that if you go File -> New -> Musical Sequence and select the media file, it's only loading 50 seconds or so of the song? 

Why would changing total time be a bad idea?  

I've been doing this for 3 years now and no issues. 

I have loaded audio files that do not play the actual duration that the SE entered automatically.  So I change the total time so that the music ends and lights off at the end of the song.   Otherwise I was waiting far too long between songs if I didn't change the total time.

So I have to disagree with that being a bad idea, for me, it's been a great idea, and has worked for 3 years now in keeping my show flowing, otherwise I'd have a lot of extra lag times between my songs.  Something I don't want or need.

But that's just the way *I* do it, others may not get the same results, as each show and how the MP3 has been modified, edited or changed in some manner could make this very different for different folks.   I just know it does work for me and it works very well.

• 2 weeks later...

The default total time I found in the software (first use) is 50 seconds if not changed. Since I'm a noob I didn't catch it when adding the audio file.

Thanks for the replies and advice!!

2 songs complete so far..