Light-O-Rama Forums

Location signs for other shows

jlarson

I have been debating about putting up a small sign with the addresses of other computerized shows in the local area. Has anyone else done anything like this and if so how did you make your sign and how big was it?

I have not done a sign but I have those houses listed in the Links section on my website and I have included them in my show announcements. I have also printed out flyers in the past and kept them in one of those outdoor realtor boxes that was attached to my "tune to" sign. Those flyers told about my show and advertised some of my friends shows in the area as well. I stopped doing the flyers last year because people were gobbling them up too fast and I was going through a ton of paper and printer ink.

I have a number of other area shows listed on our website.  I don't have any kind of sign with other displays on it - seems like it would be hard to do and keep readable/visually attractive since you'd have to list a full address.

• 2 weeks later...

The one other home near me that does LOR, has small signs that he puts up at the various intersections, for directions, show hours and FM frequency. I will have to ask him where he got them. Now keep in mind, ask and you might get more than you bargained for too. This other gentleman has a line of a mile long of cars each night to see his lights.

• Like 1