Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Flood Lights

WhoDat

If you want to chase the floods, which is what I do in my show, I'd use the 36 watt RGB floods Ray Wu sells.  They're super powerful and you can put multiple floods right next to each other.  My show this year uses six of these bad boys.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_bdNDqPfhA

• Like 1

Easy to try by getting two strips together in parallel on a 1x2 with zip ties and light them up at night to see how they do.

You can get dumb strips because they're easy to install and drive with a simple controller.

There are so many places to get these strips, it boggles my mind.

If you want to chase the floods, which is what I do in my show, I'd use the 36 watt RGB floods Ray Wu sells.  They're super powerful and you can put multiple floods right next to each other.  My show this year uses six of these bad boys.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_bdNDqPfhA

I love it. That's awesome!

Easy to try by getting two strips together in parallel on a 1x2 with zip ties and light them up at night to see how they do.

You can get dumb strips because they're easy to install and drive with a simple controller.

There are so many places to get these strips, it boggles my mind.

Thanks again Ken. I ordered some strips earlier today and I'm going to test them out. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me!

Hey Marsh, I'm checking out ray's store, but there are a bunch of different floods. Could you send me a link to the ones you purchased?

Thanks!

Lyn

Oh my, that's an awfully large price tag (needing more than one for that 4 story building) and not knowing if that is even enough or will work for that large of display.

At 100cm in length that is equal to about 40". I'm guessing quite a few of those will be needed. Again, just guessing...

But maybe you have a nice budget to work with too. And maybe it's worth trying if you do have the budget.

That is an impressive wall washer though.

Oh my, that's an awfully large price tag (needing more than one for that 4 story building) and not knowing if that is even enough or will work for that large of display.

At 100cm in length that is equal to about 40". I'm guessing quite a few of those will be needed. Again, just guessing...

But maybe you have a nice budget to work with too. And maybe it's worth trying if you do have the budget.

That is an impressive wall washer though.

It's a big chunk of change for sure. I've ordered a few things to test out first. I've ordered 8 of the lor floods, a couple of 50w floods, and some led strips. Maybe i can find something in there that will do the job. If all else fails, I'll have to break out the $$$ for as many as 8 of those floods from ray. It's the $500+ shipping that kills me.

Shipping will be less than 100 bucks if you buy in bulk.  I bought my 6 spots for just under $700 last year (with shipping).  The breakdown was about $110.  Considering similar lights from Elation cost $400 a pop, its an absolute steal.  3 CCRs would cost you more.

Ah I added 8 to the cart and shipping was over 500. I've never bought from him before. Do I contact him for the bulk rate?

Ah I added 8 to the cart and shipping was over 500. I've never bought from him before. Do I contact him for the bulk rate?

Yes that is what I've heard you're supposed to do.

Go to Ray's website and email him for an estimate on shipping.  It will be much more reasonable than what's  posted on the website.  Also, by dealing directly with Ray, you can pay with paypal.  Finally, just because Ray doesn't have something in his store doesn't mean he can't get it.  Ray is just a distributor of LED lighting products from a bunch of different small companies.  If you wanted a bigger light, or something custom, he can do it for you.  

Go to Ray's website and email him for an estimate on shipping.  It will be much more reasonable than what's  posted on the website.  Also, by dealing directly with Ray, you can pay with paypal.  Finally, just because Ray doesn't have something in his store doesn't mean he can't get it.  Ray is just a distributor of LED lighting products from a bunch of different small companies.  If you wanted a bigger light, or something custom, he can do it for you.  

Thanks again. I've emailed him. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

JHolmes, you're video of the white house using those 36 watt wash lights is what inspired me to do my light show in the first place.  Awesome job.

JHolmes, you're video of the white house using those 36 watt wash lights is what inspired me to do my light show in the first place.  Awesome job.

Ditto what he said!!!

I would recommend wall-washers. I have 36W wall-washers that we use for our buildings.

You can see them at http://lightsmusicmagic.com/new.html

Scroll down below RGB Strings to see the Floods. The sample video uses 8-12 floods depending on the sequence.

Do you sell the wall washers? They look great. 

Dam! that's cool! 

But, I still don't think the 36w ones will be bright enough for the size building that the OP has.  I don't think the DMX controllers will handle anything bigger because of the current and voltages used.  Only the LOR 24channel DC controller would work.  The 200w fixture I posted earlier I have my doubts about its heat dissipation especially if a lot of white is used.  Also the 200w fixture needs to be modified to work with DC control.