Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2013

HallowXmas

This is the start to this years yard haunt. I'm using DMX RGB and LOR Controllers using LOR software to run the show. I have video projectors in all windows and 2 in the yard and they are also controlled by LOR. please check it out and let me know what you think i will put more updates as i complete the setup i do have music and sequences I will post when there set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the final cut to are 2013 Halloween. I didn't get a chance to record the yard before Halloween, I had about 10 different sequences but I did what I could the night of. The Video is not my best work. All the 120V Lights are controlled by LORs 4 16 channel Pro and the 72 RGB DMX controller on everything else. The set up took me every weekend in October and the Day before and on Halloween. This year i just couldn't get the time off so I did what I could. It came out allot better than i had planned.

Edited by HallowXmas

• 7 months later...

Very nice.  I like the individual spots on the tombstones.  

What lights did you use on each tombstone?

What lights did you use on each tombstone?

I use RGB lights like this, and with a dmx controler both you can get from link below.

13404046584081129793382.jpeg3CH-DMX-CAT5-Med.jpg

http://store.creativelightingdisplays.com/RGB-LED-Waterproof-Dumb-Modules-10-20ct-Rectangular-MOD-RGB-R.htm

Edited by HallowXmas

Looks awesome! where d you get the animated projections? Especially the eye.......

the projection are a combination of files you can find them on this web site.

http://hallowindow.com/

I use a digital Video player the supports 8 files and I made a Relay box to triger each channel with a LOR 16 channel AC controler.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions.

How many modules did you use on the different RGB spots?

What is the lazer you used that went 360 deg?

Where did you get the gargoyles?

Did you have a fog machine at each spot on the eaves?

Very nice setup!

Couple of questions.

How many modules did you use on the different RGB spots?

What is the lazer you used that went 360 deg?

Where did you get the gargoyles?

Did you have a fog machine at each spot on the eaves?

Very nice setup!

Hi Robert Burton,

For question #1, on the grave yard I use 1 module for each grave stone and made a U shape bass with the lights on the front at about a 45 deg angel and the legs long enough. For me to adjust the potion of the grave stone to get the best light on them. As for the Pillars for the 2 big ones I have one on the top and the faces 1 at the top and bottom of 2 sides of them. The small pillars have 1 on top and the faces have 2 one one the bottom and one on the top. All of these are controlled by a dmx controller of pictures on above post.

Question #2 the lasers I pick up from Spirit store 2 years ago. But you can find them on line I would look for ones that are water proof or make a box to protect them from the elements.

Question #3 The Gargoyles I pick up from Target about 3 years ago I haven't seen them since. But I keep my eyes out for them do to I need more of them.

Question #4 The Fog machines I have running in last year’s haunt were one in each yard with a fog cooler I made and a small one behind the Angel of death on top of the garage. I use to get the cheep Fog machines but they would last one possible 2 seasons. So I use Chauvet 1300 for the Yard I have 2 of them Right now going to add 1 or 2 more this year. And A Chauvet 900 for small props or where I may need it. but I Like the 1300 allot.  I also for this year made a DMX Relay Box to control all the Fog units I'm testing them right now

Edited by HallowXmas

• 3 weeks later...

I use RGB lights like this, and with a dmx controler both you can get from link below.

13404046584081129793382.jpeg3CH-DMX-CAT5-Med.jpg

http://store.creativelightingdisplays.com/RGB-LED-Waterproof-Dumb-Modules-10-20ct-Rectangular-MOD-RGB-R.htm

I really like the setup and show. I am exploring RGB and was wondering if you can tell me what the setup looks like for all of the controllers you used? Want to get more familiar with Dumb RGBs and like the look that these modules give.

Thanks!