Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Need an FM Transmiter

mswoodward73

Hello;  So I am finally able to get my LIght o Rama set up this year but I need an FM Transmitter. I cannot use the Transmitter on this site because I need mine to transmit at least 350 feet.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I need one pretty much plug and play since I am very new to this and this will be my first show this year.  Thank you!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APST86E/ref=pe_226320_29965270_email_1p_3_ti

The sound is awesome with the rubber ducky antenna, and it is totally plug and play.  I got one for backup and was so impressed that I'm putting my venerable EDM model away and using the CZH-05B for my show.

I have that unit and like it a lot.   

I especially like the microphone input option. 

I'm totally a talk-to-the-folks kind of guy and the option to do live announcements whenever needed for whatever reason is perfect for me.

I especially like the microphone input option. 

I'm totally a talk-to-the-folks kind of guy and the option to do live announcements whenever needed for whatever reason is perfect for me.

George can you use the microphone option and talk over the music playing?    

I know my MBB Eclipse 4000 also has the microphone option, but it can't be used at the same time when my Showtime Director is playing music.  

I have to unplug the "audio in" jack {Showtime Director, MP3 player, etc.} before I can plug the mike into the  "mic jack" on my transmitter.   

Which, in my opinion defeats the purpose of adding the mic jack, may as well not even be there if it can't be used at the same time as the audio {music} source.

So if the CZH-05B can do this, I may be buying a new transmitter in the near future!

George can you use the microphone option and talk over the music playing?    

I don't know - I haven't tried out that feature yet.  I'll post the answer once I have tested it or if I happen to look at the instruction manual and see it addressed in there.  Doesn't matter to me - either way will be fine.

CZH-05B user here too. Very inexpensive unit and great sound for the price. I got mine cheaper direct from a Chinese supplier, but it took about 6 weeks to get it, which isn't an option for you.

Whatever you do don't get the FM Transmitters in the little metal boxes on eBay/ amazon for $30 - $50, they have poor build quality, and there is a lot of static if not absolutely, perfectly, adjusted.

Mine has very low quality AUX inputs, and the mic input is extremely staticy. 

Thank you everyone for the advice.  I will be ordering the unit to transmit the music.  Now I just need to get some sequences.  I am brand new and this just a 16 channel set up(for now)  I have already begun putting all the lights out I just need to find the sequences.