Light-O-Rama Forums

saw the new lightsync inflatables today at menards

james campbell

I saw the singing pumkin,as well as the singing snowman today. pretty cool, and I think easily hacked. he is a video of the singing tree, couldn't find the snowman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pS0hAydMsw

Edited by james campbell

The pumpkin uses a top eye. Bottom eye with nose.. The middle mouth uses the sides of the "O". The "O" has a top and a bottom. Finally you have the bottom mouth. There is a big mouth missing. It uses 12 volt LED lights. I am controlling it with my DC board.

The pumpkin uses a top eye. Bottom eye with nose.. The middle mouth uses the sides of the "O". The "O" has a top and a bottom. Finally you have the bottom mouth. There is a big mouth missing. It uses 12 volt LED lights. I am controlling it with my DC board.

so you have hacked it? Do you have any video

Yes I have, but I am still working the songs so no video yet Bought it at BJ's $99. The had the Snowman but had no price as the didn't have any in the box.

Yes I have, but I am still working the songs so no video yet Bought it at BJ's $99. The had the Snowman but had no price as the didn't have any in the box.

great can't wait to see how it looks when you finish. I will try to get one for next year

Just the photo of the snowman on the Gemmy website, but the photo just shows a "head", no body?    So it kind of looks a little creepy to me.  Might be good for a Halloween project....?

Anyway, here's a still of it, but I couldn't find a video of how it looks in operation.

http://www.gemmy.com/Airblown_LightSync_Singing_Snowman_p/87491.htm

• 2 weeks later...

My HD has one on discount... I didn't do Halloween this year.  SOoooo.... I left it be.  If someone twisted my arm.  Maybe I'd have a reason to go pick it up and send it somewhere.  I'm just not a fan of inflatables.  In my area they also be come easy targets to vandals so I'd have to put it on the roof.

HD's ones are 50% off right now... on Saturday that expires and maybe it'll go 75%-90%.... We'll see.  There are two in stock at my nearest store.  I'm thinking of buying it online at 12:01am on Saturday and pick up in store later that day.

It should be hackable, just routing the wires for the face through a DC card should work.... theoretically. 

It should be hackable, just routing the wires for the face through a DC card should work.... theoretically. 

Works great through a dc board. There is a white box that the music is coming from and the wires are coming out of. You need to cut the wires coming out of there one set of two at a time and apply 12 volts d.c. to them and watch which section lights and mark that set with tape. When you get all the wires coming out marked you will then need to hook them to the d.c. board and program them just as you would any talking face that you can. You then turn the music box off and use your music running on your computer along with the Controller controlling the lights. It is missing  one of the mouth movements  but it still works. A few poor videos are here:

https://www.facebook.com/JoshuasLights

Edited by djr

At Home Depot.... Halloween went OFF clearance!!!! As in the 50% off went BACK TO FULL PRICE!!!!!!

At Home Depot.... Halloween went OFF clearance!!!! As in the 50% off went BACK TO FULL PRICE!!!!!!

That's nuts!   Everyone I've seen has started knocking their Halloween stuff down to 75%, some even at 90% off.   Haven't checked out the HD's in my area, last time I was in them just a day or so before Halloween, they didn't seem to have much left anyway, never did see the singing inflatable pumpkin in any of the HD's within a few miles of my house.

Went to HD on Monday to get a new spool for my B&D weed whacker so I could finish up knocking the overgrown grass and weeds down.  Had their Christmas stuff out, didn't see a trace of anything Halloween anywhere!

• The topic was locked