Light-O-Rama Forums

Red

I just got my starter package, 16 controler, adapter, disc, followed the direction, screwed up somewhere, added the basic pluss upgrade, downloaded that, got the liscense key, controler works on test, BUT ... nothing works when I click on the programs, I've inserted the disc a couple more times, still can't get it to work

:wacko:  

Unless you ordered the CD version of the software, the only software that comes on CD is the USB drivers. Once that is installed, you don't need it anymore.

The software download page contains the software download. No matter what level of license you have, you only need to download/install once (per version.) If you upgrade your license, no new download is required.

nothing works when I click on the programs

Can you be a bit more descriptive here? Does this mean you double click a LOR icon to start a program, let's say the sequence editor, and nothing happens? No error messages, just nothing happens?

If I had to guess, what's happening is that you are wanting to play the lights from the Sequence Editor to see things move. If that's the case, make sure:

1) Play -> Control Lights is checked

2) You do *not* have the Hardware Utility open.

3) You do *not* have a red indicator at the bottom right of the SE. (Should be blue, I think)

Thanks for the reply

when I go to the start menu, click on light o rama, a list of contents come up, but click on any of them, control panel, hardware, editors  and nothing happens,

I have been trying for a couple hours to get my music converted to mp3, finally for someone from itune support on the phone

to find out their servers are down in this area,  grrrr  I'm so used to messing up by myself I figured it was me ? 

Thanks for the help Don

Download Audacity for free. I don't use it but I hear it does just about everything. Make sure though that you select a CBR (constant bit rate). I use Nero which works fine for me, but its a paid software.

There is  also another free program that many here use. Its called MP3Gain. This program will look at the volume of one or all in a directory. This is helpful so that people watching your show do not have to adjust the volume on their radio for each song.

I have downloaded all these suggestions, locked up my computer, uninstalled more programs than I downloaded, spent severl hours with tech support to get my computer operating again,  and I still cannot figure out how to convert a song to mp3 and load it on to the sequence editor,  all the programs show you how, but they just will not work for me, I'm going to bed.

Are you talking about converting a song already purchased in iTunes that is in m4a format?

First, in iTunes, go to the Edit menu and select the General tab.

Then about 3/4 the way down the menu there is a button called Import Settings, select that.

Select Import Using MP3 Encoder and set the quality to at least 128kbps
Click OK a couple of times to close out of the menus

Now find the song you want to convert, right-click on it and select Create MP3 Version

iTunes will create an MP3 version.

If you right-click on all the column names and select "kind" you can see which is the mp3 (it will say MPEG Audio FIle) one.

Now right-click that song and select Copy

Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder you want to copy the song to, right-click and select Paste. The MP3 file should be copied there. You can go back and delete the MP3 version in iTunes if you wish.

You may want to run this song through Audacity and make sure it is a constant bit rate. Alternatively, when you are setting the Import options in iTunes, select Custom in the Setting drop-down, then select at least 128 kbps for the Stereo Bit Rate and make sure the Use Variable Bit rate Recording is UNCHECKED.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I've made so many mistakes, uninstalled stuff I downloaded trying to get music to the sequence, I think I have uninstalled part of the lor stuff, is it going to mess things up id I just uninstall the whole lor programs and start over.

I purchased a sequence, didn't realize it didn't come with music, and I still can't get music to play with the sequence.

I'm just wanting to start all over. ??? can I do that ?