Light-O-Rama Forums

Non-holiday light sequencing

trub.lou

There's a lot of focus here (from what I have read) on holiday shows, special events, etc.  What do you guys do with your controllers for the other 10-11 months of the year?  Just develop sequences?  Are there any utilities that will just take, say, an mp3 music library and do some random "dancing" kinds of things, maybe directing "low" tones to one bank of lights and "highs" to another.  Has anyone done anything like this for just regular mood lighting with audio?

Is there a LOR product that already does this, or is it more appropriate for one of the third party forums?  I didn't see any obvious discussion of it in the main forum, but feel free to delete this if it's a repeat of a topic.

I have seen some that say they use controllers for their landscaping lighting, unknown if they play music or just a looping audio-less sequence. If you have the SuperStar software licence you can do an instant sequence, I don't have the licence so I don't know how well this works.

The controllers can be used for lots of things such as mentioned, landscape lighting. Another user, uses his to control fountains and lights. I suppose you can use them for whatever needed as long as the electrical limits aren't passed.

Edited by dgrant

Your imagination and wallet and time are your only limitations.  I have quite a bit in landscape lighting,  I play iHeart radio over the speakers not sequenced with the lights just to bug the wife.  I enjoy sitting outside with some slow jazz and brainstorm new projects or tweaks.

I play iHeart radio over the speakers not sequenced with the lights just to bug the wife. 

I can't say that I'd clone that exact project, but I do applaud the motivation!  :D

I don't sequence my landscape lights to music, but I also have speakers in my Garden and Pond area as well, so I use single channel audio sequences to play the music from 7am-10pm every day during NON Holiday times.  During the holiday season landscape lighting is gone and only the holiday lights are there.  But I don't play jazz, I play music that I've actually created myself and is all instrumental type.