Light-O-Rama Forums

Viewing a show saved to SD card

aarontfarrelly

Hey guys:

I recently came into possession of a Light O Rama set up. It consists of the Commercial Grade 16 channel controllers, a LOR1602mp3 director, and several wireless Easy Light Linker boxes. The set up is fairly complicated and controls a 30 ft. Christmas tree, several sets of tivole lights, and some palm tree lighting. The program is saved on an SD card.

My two questions are as follows:

1) There is no schematic that shows us which lights plug into which channel on the controllers used for the large Christmas tree. Is there a way to view the program that is saved on the SD card, allowing me to identify which sequence controls which set of lights?

2) How do I set a time on the SD card? Our director does not have the digital interface that shows you what time it is, I assume that information comes from the SD card...

Thanks.

Once a show is written to the SD Card, there is no known way to read the contents of the shows/sequences. The director can read it, but you can't open it in the sequence editor.

You can set the time one of two ways on the older Showtime Director. See the manual for one way. (Forget exactly where in the doc the time setting procedure is.)

You can also use the Hardware utility to write a 'time only' file to (a new) SD card, and use that to set the time. If you don't have the software and/or the original sequence files, be sure to make a backup copy of those files on the SD card. If you lose that, you'd have to recreate everything.

Strongly suggest you try to get the sequence files (.lms files) from the original owner, or else you will never be able to edit your show. Plus trying to setup a display "blindly" like you describe without a schematic or better yet the above mentioned sequence files would be extremely difficult, frustrating, and time consuming. Plus I would think it would end up looking like a jumbled mess. Are you sure they didn't give you a disc or flash drive with the sequences and music files on it?

It came with 3 SD cards:

One labeled "Continuous Play"

The files found on this SD card (seen when I put it in the computer), are:

S1Config.cfg; S1File01 (mp3 file); and S1File01.SEQ

The second SD is labeled "TR16-R"

The files are labeled:

S6Config.cfg, S6File01 (mp3); and S6File01.SEQ through S6File09.SEQ, and finally S6Filler.SEQ

I can't open any of these files except the mp3.

If we can't find the schematic, the only way to do this would be to completely re-write the show?? I am not opposed to this, but will we be able to use the sound file that is on the SD card?... we need to use the same audio because it is specific to the shopping center.

Setting the time on an older Showtime Director {same one built into the older LOR1602 commercial controllers} is accomplished very easily using the LOR Hardware Utility {HWU}. 

Set MP3 Director Option 1. Open the LOR HWU, Click on the MP3 tab, look at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, you will see a box that will allow you to set the time using the time from your computers time clock, click the set time and you're done.  

Set MP3 Director Option 2. Or you can click set time using SD Card when you write your show to the SD Card or you can just use an SD Card and write the time if no show involved.  Just insert your SD Card, click the set time using SD Card, let HWU write the file to the SD card, insert SD Card into MP3 Director and time will be set.     NOTE: the set time file is a READ ONLY ONCE FILE, once the time is read and set from the SD Card, this file will be deleted.  And also note that if using this method, add at least 1 or 2 minutes to the time when setting, as you will be removing the SD card from the computer and inserting it into the MP3 Director, if you have to walk out to the Director and open the box to insert the card, this takes additional time, so your MP3 directors time could be off anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes.   And why I say always use Option 1 for best results and for keeping your Directors time more accurate.

Set MP3 Director Option 3.  Another way is to use the buttons on the MP3 Director, but it is cumbersome, not to mention difficult to do.   The other two options are the easiest and best way to do it.  And for this option you WILL NEED the Directors manual to do it, it is a bit complex and I don't have my manual handy at the moment.

It came with 3 SD cards:

One labeled "Continuous Play"

The files found on this SD card (seen when I put it in the computer), are:

S1Config.cfg; S1File01 (mp3 file); and S1File01.SEQ

The second SD is labeled "TR16-R"

The files are labeled:

S6Config.cfg, S6File01 (mp3); and S6File01.SEQ through S6File09.SEQ, and finally S6Filler.SEQ

I can't open any of these files except the mp3.

If we can't find the schematic, the only way to do this would be to completely re-write the show?? I am not opposed to this, but will we be able to use the sound file that is on the SD card?... we need to use the same audio because it is specific to the shopping center.

You can't open the .SEQ files in the SE.

The MP3 files you could copy to your PC and create new sequences.

If you can't find the schematic, then you would need to rewrite the show.