Light-O-Rama Forums

Keep getting this error

dave

I have installed the software several times and I keep getting this error. I have the advanced licsense and im using windows vista home edition. if that helps.

post-125-0-89146100-1381753298_thumb.jpg

post-125-0-25590100-1381753312_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave

Wild guess here ...

Try re-installing, but make you do so as Administrator. If I remember correctly in Vista you right click, "run as administrator." (If it's not there, then I don't remember how.)

Nothing works for me. It is what it is. I will keep using my antique desktop.

Nothing works? Meaning you can't open the Sequence Editor, etc?

I thought it was a permissions problem based on the error message. Sounded like something didn't have permission to write to the directory it needed to write to. What version are you trying to install? I'll send you a link to the correct registry wipe utility for that version, and then try the install again with admin permissions.

Dave, I received a similar error a few years ago when I was installing LOR an old laptop to use in the yard. Turned out the hard disk drive was going bad.

Run a CHKDSK /R on your hard drive and check the results in the event log. If you have more the 4K bytes of bad sectors, your drive is probably going bad.

I was finally able to get it installed last night, after a long PM from Don. Turns out I just had to save it in a different location.