Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR always on

sirrob28

We set our tree up today because we are also going to do a halloween theme with them. One of the 12 ribbons is having an issue. the top 1/4 of the ribbon is always on. We switched the ribbon to another control box and it still was on. We took a good ribboin and switched to the box where the orignal ribbon was and that ribbon stayed off. So it would appear it is in the ribbon. What can I do to try to fix this problem? Any help would be great!!

We just ran thru some sequences and that 1/4 strip of the CCR doesnt change at all, so I am wondering if that strip is damaged?

i had one with a problem and found the the first resistor just before the first bad pixel had a bad solder joint. (you could see the joint cracked). After reflowing the solder joint it started working fine again

ok, Lightorama sent me a new strip saying that they also thought it sounded like a bad strip. So the new strip came today, we lowered the tree attached the new strip and guess what, 3/4 of the strip stays on!! I can't believe this. I put the strip in other boxes and the strip stayed on. This is getting way to frustrating way to soon.

• The topic was locked