Light-O-Rama Forums

So, I downloaded LOR II

Tom B.

joneslights wrote:

Tom B. wrote:
Actually, I moved Thanksgiving to October, so I would be ready by the "real" Thanksgiving. I keep my watch set fast as well.

:cool:

T.

Why not, the stores are moving Christmas to October.

I remember seeing a rerun of a 'Peanuts' comic last year. The basis of the comic was Charlie Brown or Linus was complaining at how they're trying to shop for halloween costumes, but are finding nothing but Christmas stuff instead. This comic was between 40 - 50 years old.

Thus, I suspect that Christmas stuff has ALWAYS been on display in October. But the human mind quickly forgets things, and next year we'll be surprised at how early Christmas stuff is getting placed out on the shelves.

Case in point: Does anyone remember that this past Sunday (10/28/07) would have been the end of Daylight Savings Time, if on the old schedule? It was only that way for 20 years, but it's doubtful a single person out of habit changed their clocks back an hour.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom B.

• joneslights

• tallan

• JR V

In the Peanuts Easter special, they go to the store, and the store is all set up for Christmas. I still love that special, but thye beat that point a bit to death in that episode...

Charles Shultz evidently didn't like Christmas stuff out too early :D.

Case in point: Does anyone remember that this past Sunday (10/28/07) would have been the end of Daylight Savings Time, if on the old schedule? It was only that way for 20 years, but it's doubtful a single person out of habit changed their clocks back an hour.

I did for two reasons: The news made a big deal of it, and our security system still honors the old system so the clock is wrong (I need to get a new firmware chip ordered for it eventually...)

-Tim

I figure LOR II won't be out until next year sometime. As it has been mentioned before in this thread...time is getting short! I think I have most of the loose ends tied up, except for extension cords :X . For me...even if LOR II did make it's debut this year, I would probably wait until after this season to implement it. Just my 2 cents...

Forgot to mention....I voted for #8

jpohio wrote:

For me...even if LOR II did make it's debut this year, I would probably wait until after this season to implement it. Just my 2 cents...

I had mentioned something to that effect in another thread, and a beta has convinced me that this is a bad approach -- that there's still value to be taken from LOR II when it comes out, and that the conversion will be seamless.

At this point I'm keeping an open mind (and crossed fingers for an early-as-possible release)

-Tim

Tim... you bring up a good point!
For all of you "experienced" LOR users, I can certainly understand your desire to implement LOR II. But for the beginner, such as myself, I am still learning the ins & outs of LOR I. I would like to get some experience under my belt before jumping into LOR II. And if it turns out that LOR II gets released after this season, then that gives me a few months to get familiar with it, in the off season.

My guess is that if you understand LOR I, you'll understand at least much of LOR II. Definitely don't wait for LOR II to start sequencing, but I wouldn't write it off just yet. Wait until it's released, play with it, and then decide.

-Tim

Not to worry there Tim, the songs I have for my show have already been sequenced.
I remember seeing some of the pictures & features of LOR II from PLUS (that were posted over at PC), and I have to admit, I was a little intimidated with all the bells & whistles. But I will keep your advice in mind and see what happens, should it get released this year.

Tim Fischer wrote:

My guess is that if you understand LOR I, you'll understand at least much of LOR II. Definitely don't wait for LOR II to start sequencing, but I wouldn't write it off just yet. Wait until it's released, play with it, and then decide.

-Tim

Just for fun, on Beta 7.9, they'll decide to put in a trick question which requires you to answer correctly.

The question: Which came first - the chicken or the egg?

jeffandnicole wrote:

Just for fun, on Beta 7.9, they'll decide to put in a trick question which requires you to answer correctly.

Chicken or egg? That has nothing to do with christmas or lighting....

They need to change it to...

What is the most popular color of lights at Christmas .. White or Red?

Or what most inportant... Software or Hardware?

kevin wrote:

jeffandnicole wrote:

Chicken or egg? That has nothing to do with christmas or lighting....

They need to change it to...

What is the most popular color of lights at Christmas .. White or Red?

Or what most inportant... Software or Hardware?

Neither its clear. White to me would be actual opaque white lights, and not that many people seem to use them. I use those for my C9's.

Okay, to pass the time waiting on LOR II ... how about some Christmas Jokes:

The Christmas Parrot

[align=left]One day a man walked into a bar and sat down next to a guy with a parrot on his shoulder. [/align]
The bartender said, "Cute parrot, does he talk?"
[align=left]The guy with the parrot says, "He does more than just talk, watch." The guy lit a match and placed it under the parrots left foot. Then the parrot started singing "Jingle Bells", it was a Christmas Parrot. [/align]
[align=left]
The guy then placed the match under the right foot and the parrot then started to sing "The 12 days of Christmas." [/align]
The bartender said, "That's incredible". He then asked, "What does he say when you place them between his feet?"
The guy said, "You know I never tried that, let's see."
[align=left]When the match was placed between the feet of the parrot the parrot began to sing a familiar tune... "Chesnuts roasting on an open fire."[/align]

Hey,

Thanks for the reminder, I did change my vote again for the 2nd time.

Well I hope it's out soon it's been very quite with no new issues and the last I heard was documentation needed to be done.

Ted

With the type of exuberant and trustworthy users that LOR software attracts I am surprised that they haven’t done an open beta at this stage. There is not really any good reason to still be keeping it in house. It sure would go towards a happier costumer base to have had last beta release be public.

I have noticed that the Light-O-Rama guys have always turned out good software and a user knows they are "dependable on" fixing bugs. So I don't think they would be getting flamed all that much for bugs in the forum.

I am not waiting for the new release for sequencing; in fact I have most of my work done for this year's Christmas show. I just like to move forward with my software, I tend to be always looking for the latest driver, newest beta, and freshest version of all computer code. I have always been good at working around software issues and don't usually blame anyone for the bugs.

Oh well I let it out, the excitement for this release is got me. I know someone will probably encourage or discipline my post saying it will come out soon enough, it’s just hard to wait any more.

Its killing me too.

marksanctuary wrote:

With the type of exuberant and trustworthy users that LOR software attracts I am surprised that they haven’t done an open beta at this stage. There is not really any good reason to still be keeping it in house. It sure would go towards a happier costumer base to have had last beta release be public.

I have noticed that the Light-O-Rama guys have always turned out good software and a user knows they are "dependable on" fixing bugs. So I don't think they would be getting flamed all that much for bugs in the forum.

I am not waiting for the new release for sequencing; in fact I have most of my work done for this year's Christmas show. I just like to move forward with my software, I tend to be always looking for the latest driver, newest beta, and freshest version of all computer code. I have always been good at working around software issues and don't usually blame anyone for the bugs.

Oh well I let it out, the excitement for this release is got me. I know someone will probably encourage or discipline my post saying it will come out soon enough, it’s just hard to wait any more.

marksanctuary wrote:

Open Beta? Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo, well said!

Ted

I changed my vote to 11/19 to Thanksgiving. I bet it wont be out this year though, with everyone trying to get a controller for this season, My guess is after Christmas. But I have noticed a decreased posting rate of LOR Dan and John, so could theey be getting ready to release LOR II, or again is that just the seasonal rush?

--Daniel L