Light-O-Rama Forums

So, I downloaded LOR II

Tom B.

Figured the other thread was getting too long.

This is the place for commiserating, speculating, depositing updates to the conspiracy theory of Santa and AL-iens, etc.

So, for this installment, how about a Poll?

NOTE: This is for fun ... keep your tongue firmly planted in your cheek, and your frustrations in check ... we understand that no one more than Dan and the gang want the software out ... as soon as possible.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom B.

• joneslights

• tallan

• JR V

As a software program manager by profession and tracking the beta thread I am placing my vote for option 1. The arrival rates seem to be down sharply and the rate of fixes has petered out. There are no Showstoppers in any state other then closed.

I have been using LOR I for 4 seasons now so I do not need LOR II. Espically with the discovery of Chuck's channel management tool and my skills with Audacity getting better. However; I am still looking forward to using it.

Here is hoping for a Friday the 19th release date :D

Yep that is the one. My biggest frustration has been updating channel assignments. having to click multiple times and then enter data is way too much overhead. The LOR utility makes things much better.

Last year I only had two songs for my show because it took me too long to update all my channel assignments (192) and I was not using a consistent layout for all of my songs at that point.

Now this year I think I have perfected all the process pieces that go along with this hobby so I will be more then ready for lighting day!

Hmmmm, interesting poll results ... so far ...

Seems to be split between a lot of "wishfull thinkers" and "the pessimists" ... or oneside has some true insight.

We need more input ... who could shed some light on this question ... who? .... hmmmmmmmmmm

Happy Tuesday everyone.

T-Minus 37 days and counting.

LOR II will be released on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Just like all anticipated new products they seem to hit the shelves on the busiest retail sales day.

I may have to camp out overnight at my computer just to be the first in line to download..:cool: .. or maybe everyone will be out shopping for good deals that I can get a high bandwidth... LOL

Here is hoping for the end of next week though.....

kevin wrote:

LOR II will be released on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Just like all anticipated new products they seem to hit the shelves on the busiest retail sales day.

I may have to camp out overnight at my computer just to be the first in line to download..:cool: .. or maybe everyone will be out shopping for good deals that I can get a high bandwidth... LOL

Ah the benifits of being on the West coast in that situation. All those east siders will be out at the black friday early early morning sales and all of us on the West coast just get to sit and wait for the download then get to go to all the sales.

Ha Ha I have never gone to those sales and never plan too.

JR V wrote:

kevin wrote:

Ah the benifits of being on the West coast in that situation. All those east siders will be out at the black friday early early morning sales and all of us on the West coast just get to sit and wait for the download then get to go to all the sales.

Ha Ha I have never gone to those sales and never plan too.

I'll just have to write a batch downloader that checks the site and downloads any new files ;)

I believe Dan said they were revamping the support site to make it easier to use. If that is the case they may change locations so trying to write a script to check will likely not work, nice idea though........

chartrand wrote:

I believe Dan said they were revamping the support site to make it easier to use. If that is the case they may change locations so trying to write a script to check will likely not work, nice idea though........

Ok, on to plan "B"

Plan A) Write script - Denied

Plan ;) PANIC