Light-O-Rama Forums

Chase tool help

iresq

I am trying to chase about 55 events.  The events are simple RGB Orange to black fades.  Using the chase tool, It just lines up the events so they don't chase.  When I only select a few, they chase just fine.  Any thoughts?post-1378-0-41928200-1381589684_thumb.jppost-1378-0-99844300-1381589683_thumb.jp

If it makes a difference, I'm trying to take about 1:22 of events and chase them to approx. 3:20, approx 300 channels (100 rgb channels).

post-1378-0-44472300-1381591144_thumb.jppost-1378-0-82081000-1381591153_thumb.jpSome more info.  The sections before 0:18 chase just fine.  When I try to chase after 0:18, that's when I get a straight line and no chase.

Wild guess ... you have a very small even in the 18.60 space that is causing the 'chase' not to work ask you expected.

If there were something in that 18.60 space, then chase tool would actually be working as expected. It's taking everything in the first row of the 'chase' and chasing it out to the end of the chase segment.

Thanks for the look.  I'm not sure I understand.  The event starts at 18.6.  Even if I choose an event further down the line, I get the same result.post-1378-0-54777900-1381592822_thumb.jp

Wild guess ... you have a very small even in the 18.60 space that is causing the 'chase' not to work ask you expected.

If there were something in that 18.60 space, then chase tool would actually be working as expected. It's taking everything in the first row of the 'chase' and chasing it out to the end of the chase segment.

And I would think its a value accidentally pasted in to a macro channel of your RGB device. Make sure 0's are all in there and not a value. At least that's where I would look.

And I would think its a value accidentally pasted in to a macro channel of your RGB device. Make sure 0's are all in there and not a value. At least that's where I would look.

I am not sure what that means.  This behavior is exhibited on more than one channel.

I am not sure what that means. This behavior is exhibited on more than one channel.

Check channels 51+ to make sure they are all zeros still - especially where your sequence goes from working to not working. If I understand you right, the chase works and then goes just to a solid line , meaning it is acting like just one pixel instead of a chasing 50.

Check channels 51+ to make sure they are all zeros still - especially where your sequence goes from working to not working. If I understand you right, the chase works and then goes just to a solid line , meaning it is acting like just one pixel instead of a chasing 50.

I understand now. Sorry for the confusion. I am using tapatalk on iPhone and the images were super small. Your issue is in sequencing and not at all what I am trying to help with. Sorry.

post-1378-0-44472300-1381591144_thumb.jppost-1378-0-82081000-1381591153_thumb.jpSome more info. The sections before 0:18 chase just fine. When I try to chase after 0:18, that's when I get a straight line and no chase.

I think what Don was saying is that everything must be blank after your fade to black on the top line of what you are chasing. If there is a small event (anything at all) at the top right corner of your chase, then it will just repeat everything straight down.

Make sure it is a fresh new top line with nothing after the event far off to the right after it fades to black but inside of your selection box.

Turning on Fades as Ramps would help somewhat with regards to seeing what is really there.

If you can take a video when you try and make the chase, that would help. If not, I will be available later tonight, and could offer a remote support session to see what may be going on.

I got it and your all were absolutely right.  When I changed to ramp and expanded the rgb channel, there was something there.  Once I zeroed it out, the chase worked correctly.  Thanks.  

• 4 weeks later...

I am having sort of the same problem...I have an RGB arch.

I have the arch solid blue and now I want to have it chase a white segment thru it.

I thought it was possible to do this, but like above, when I go to do the chase, it just goes straight down.

Tried it with paste mode set to "Paste From Foreground" on and off...but neither work...

Or is this not possible?

I am having sort of the same problem...I have an RGB arch.

I have the arch solid blue and now I want to have it chase a white segment thru it.

I thought it was possible to do this, but like above, when I go to do the chase, it just goes straight down.

Tried it with paste mode set to "Paste From Foreground" on and off...but neither work...

Or is this not possible?

Very possible. Remember, the chase tool will chase everything that appears in the first row (channel.) If you have 10 cells, and something in cells 1,2,3 and 10, then try to do a chase of the first 3 cells (by going diagonally down 10 cells/columns from #1) then the chase will go straight down.

Very possible. Remember, the chase tool will chase everything that appears in the first row (channel.) If you have 10 cells, and something in cells 1,2,3 and 10, then try to do a chase of the first 3 cells (by going diagonally down 10 cells/columns from #1) then the chase will go straight down.

If it is possible, how do you do it then?

Are you saying the first row should only contain what I want to chase...no "Solid Blue"?

EDIT:

Thanks Don...got it to work...

How about from now on I just email you first!!!   :D

Edited by jimswinder

Are you saying the first row should only contain what I want to chase...no "Solid Blue"?

EDIT:

https://app.box.com/s/k7sqhh7s8iybvhmzxpuv

EDIT:

Just let me know where to send the invoice.