Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with non working controller

cskydell0430

I am sorry to vent here but I am so upset with LOR and am getting very discouraged. I purchased the DIY 16 channel, put it together and Channel 6 is stuck on, the red led does not power up and it is not recognized by any computer. I was told I needed a Triac and it would be sent out with a new controller I purchased, it was not sent out... What else can I do? No one is answering my emails or phone calls... I feel like an idiot.

Thanks,

Christian

Looking at the ticket, it seems they are willing to send out a new triac to you. Seems you need only tell them exactly what type of controller you have so they can get one out to you.

I sent them the information earlier, I am going to call in the morning to see what they can work out... hopefully we can expedite the shipping of the Triacs as I would like to turn my display on soon... Thank you!

I sent them the information earlier, I am going to call in the morning to see what they can work out... hopefully we can expedite the shipping of the Triacs as I would like to turn my display on soon... Thank you!

It's getting to be the busy time of year for everyone in the lighting business. 

I'm just saying, responding to the help desk ticket tonight will help things along.

I can only tell you that last Thursday evening I turned in a help request for a ServoDog that had gone brain dead.  The first response was at 5:05 AM Friday morning (California time) acknowledging the ticket and an hour later I received another response saying that as soon as I sent them my address they would send a replacement controller (even though mine was out of warrantee) along with a request that I send back the failed one - presumably so they could try to determine the cause of the failure.  Sent them my address and received a UPS tracking number within the hour.

So do make sure you send them the requested information and you should receive the triac you need.

LOR customer service is some of the finest I have ever seen from anybody.

Edited by k6ccc

• 1 month later...

I am in need of 2 Triacs for 2 different Controllers.  What do I need to do to get these sent to me?  Where do I call and does it come with instructions?

Thanks for any help

Submit a ticket at the help desk.

I don't know if it comes with instructions, but if you know how to solder, (I'm guessing) it shouldn't be too hard.