Light-O-Rama Forums

This Years RGB Stuff is Taking FOREVER!

Randytenn

I went from 6 channels of RGB control to 21 this year, plus the previous 32 channels of LOR.  I didn't realize just how much more time it would take to sequence ths stuff.  But, it's coming along great.  Here is my first new sequence (in Visualizer).  Let me know what you think!

It's the AIr Force Big Band, known as the AIr Force Men of Note.  I edited the song to take out a long clarinet solo in the middle.  The entire album is amazing, taking familiar classic big band songs and making them Christmas song

It's the AIr Force Big Band, known as the AIr Force Men of Note.  I edited the song to take out a long clarinet solo in the middle.  The entire album is amazing, taking familiar classic big band songs and making them Christmas song

very cool

• 3 weeks later...

It is definitely a time killer. From framing out the house with PVC, to mounting, wiring and sequencing, I didn't think I would ever finish. I was still sticking lights to PVC first week of October! So worth it in the end though. Next year with pixels should be interesting... And a bigger time killer!

Can I ask more about your RGB setup. I'm thinking about getting my feet wet with RGB next year. Just wondering what you are using and how you sequence/interface it with LOR?

Thanks

Evan

We use RGB dumb strips, attached to metal frames we found at Home Depot.  They are normally used for screen enclosures, but they work great for us.  We thought about PVC, but it's weight was too much for our applications. 

Using visualizer is not that difficult.  Once you build the plan in it, and link the channels, it's the only way to sequence.  I have two monitors, so I can have visualizer on one, and the sequence on the other ( a life saver this year).

Using visualizer is not that difficult.  Once you build the plan in it, and link the channels, it's the only way to sequence.  I have two monitors, so I can have visualizer on one, and the sequence on the other ( a life saver this year).

That's the only way I sequence. Can't imagine doing it on one.

• The topic was locked