Light-O-Rama Forums

Reversing channels in a group

kevin

With the large number of channels you get now with the use of pixels, and the common display using an up and down for megatrees, Has anyone came up with a utility to reverse the channel display in SE other than manually moving each channel individualy to rearange the channel order.  Just a simple reverse order sort.

Example I have created a large Matrix and every other row is reversed as shown belowl

1   2   3   4   5

10 9   8   7   6

11 12 13 14 15

20 19 18 17 16

Since these are all DMX channels the SE displays them as:

etc

I want to rearage the SE display of the channels to be in the display order not the chan order.

etc

There has to be an easy way to reverse the order in a group without moving each ch manually.  Large numbers, talking about 80 channels per group with 15 groups.

Thanks

Kevin

Vegomatic can generate a config for you which does this.   You have a fold in your string so the return trip numbers are going the other way right? 

See my signature for a link

I must be doing something wront in Vegomatic.  I setup with 8 strings with 80 RGBs and 4 folds (because I cant do  4 strings of 160 with 4 folds)  But it still gives me a 40C X16 rows which is what I need. Top Left with DMX and set Univ at 25 with continous.  I click on Save.

I then go to Export and and click on export LCC config file. When I import ch config into SE it creates the strings for me, but the Channel numbers are still in the order of the channel numbers not the display position (LED order).  I need every other string of channels to show the channel numbers in reverse.

What am I doing wrong.

I also tried to set it up with a single string of 160 with 4 folds but it wont accept anything lower than 2 stings, and nothing higher than 14 folds

Sorry  I forgot I had hidden that option since an upgrade to Marquee no longer required it.    I have exposed that option on a new release which you can get from my site 1.7.9  

Lets discuss via PM and I can change some other settings for you until its just what you need.