Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I center my text vertically in CCR matrix?

chowell

I have a 12 ribbon matrix.  When I initiate some text, it automatically starts the text at the first ribbon leaving more room at the bottom than top.  I just need to slide the text down one ribbon but can't figure out how.

Thanks in advance.

Corey

It would be nice if you could click on the sequencing grid to mark the start and end of a text action, I would like to add that next year, but right now you have to enter it as x,y coordinates in the Text Action "start" and "end." Realize that these x,y coordinates are normal x,y for a vertical display. If you matrix is horizontal then you have to imaging the x,y being rotated 90 degrees to let.

And the above probably made no sense. What is easiest to do is to tinker with the values and see which way they move the text. Try increasing the x value underneath "start" by one or two, click on Modify and play it to see what it did. If that didn't do what you wanted, change it back and try increasing the y value underneath "start." Then do the same with the x and y underneath "end." After tinkering with it a bit you should be able to achieve what you want.

Brian, I know I am going to drive you nuts but I am watching the tutorial time after time and trying to create the same effect as seen in the advanced negative mask tutorial.  I have created the mask and when I try to add a scene in the background, or the foreground, that is all I get.  My words created in the mask do not show up either way.  My text is set to white, and the background is blue.  All I get when I play is blue, whether I place it in the foreground or background.  What am I missing?  I am running 3.10.0.6.  Is this a glitch?

Corey

Before adding the text, select "Neg Mask" and the text should appear as a line with brackets at both ends. Is this what you see?

If you still can't get it to work email the superstar file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

The superstar file will end in .sup and will be at:

c:\<my lightorama folder>\ SuperStar \ Sequences

I have a 12 ribbon matrix.  When I initiate some text, it automatically starts the text at the first ribbon leaving more room at the bottom than top.  I just need to slide the text down one ribbon but can't figure out how.

Thanks in advance.

Corey

Just wondering how many inches apart is each ribbon in your CCR Matrix?

If it is a 12 ribbon horizontal matrix, then the x coordinate controls the up and down direction, and the y coordinate controls the left-right direction. To move the text down one, subtract 1 from the x coordinate and click on Modify.

As for the spacing, the horizontal matrix I made had 4 inch spacing between the ribbons.