Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Help

Lykos

Im looking for some insight to RGB, i want to change the lights on the house to RGB flexible (dumb) but what i don't get is how, i bought the driver/power from LOR/WOW... and thats as far as i got, can i have multiple reels of 5m all in chain or do i have to break them up into groups (window, door, roof line)etc.and tie it all back to the power/driver.....wouldn't this be a lot of useless connections? Second question i find the adhesive on the flexible strip is iffy on some areas like vinyl siding, what other ways can i ensure a good stick?

You have to separate them, not daisy chain. Depending on the driver/power thing you got will depend on how many you can power up.

What driver/power thingy did you get?

And, the adhesive on outdoor use is useless on most RGB strips.

I used a staple gun on my strips to wood trim.

Lay the ribbon in silicon.  moisture can access the backside of the ribbon even when sheltered from direct contact with the elements.  With the new LOR 24channel DC controller you can put 4, 16' ribbons on a RGB channel.  The ribbons have to be wired in parallel.  If wired in series, color will change before the end of the second ribbon due to voltage drop.  Having each element (window, door, roof, etc...) on separate channels give you more flexibility on what you can do with your display.