Light-O-Rama Forums

Leaving Controllers On

nmonkman

I was wondering, being this is my first year running my controllers, is it okay to leave the controllers powered on 24/7 during show days or should you power them down every night?

I am used to running out to the garage every night and throwing all the breakers to shut down the lights, but it would be nice to just let them run.

Let me know what is best, please!!

Thanks much,

Neil

Once I plug 'em in, they stay powered (ignoring tripped breakers or some kind of maintenance).

My display starts at 5:00PM, which is around the same time I get through with work. I very much enjoy turning onto my street and seeing the lights doing their thing. No matter how bad the day might have been, it brings me happiness.

tb (The other one)

Up to now I have had a static display using the inbuilt controllers so I have powered everything down at midnight. I had a small electrical fire in a ropelight controller which reinforced the no-running-unattended practice.

Jeff Millard wrote:

My 13 boards have power on them all the time. (except when I'm wirin' on 'em)

jeff

Jeff, your sig says 256 channels, but 13 boards should only get you 208 channels. Do beta testers get some nifty 19.7 channels boards?

DavBro wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
My 13 boards have power on them all the time. (except when I'm wirin' on 'em)

jeff

Jeff, your sig says 256 channels, but 13 boards should only get you 208 channels. Do beta testers get some nifty 19.7 channels boards?

Maybe he has 5 spare units for emergencies.