Light-O-Rama Forums

So you Got on T.V! But Plan and execute in only 21 days!?!?!

rainyoregonchristmas

"Light, Camera, Christmas" seems to have begun filming.  The news release I saw said they chose 16 families.  Will be interesting to see who was picked...  Try to drop your LOR screen name for us on camera so we know who you are!!!

I can tell you we aren't on it. We didn't make the final cut. Oh well, but a $50,000 prize would have been nice. Lol. Can't wait to see who I know that is on there.

Yea, 50,000 ways to make your display huge-er next year. 

After reading the description of the contest... I know why I didn't get selected either, all my helpers are under 10.  Not easy to sell them as an A-Team of the decorating world.

Matt, where did you see the article that describes this... The 21 days and other info. I'd like to see it. :)

Matt, where did you see the article that describes this... The 21 days and other info. I'd like to see it. :)

I was actually in discussions with them over the phone when they told me!  They said, "the production team will call you and arrange a two week window to have your display up and running prior to the end of October.  You and your family ONLY will be permitted to do the install."  With furloughs, Girl Scout schedule, and Boy Scout schedules this October keeping our household busy, I just could not swing it.

no way we could even think about doing it.. completed end of october? HOA would take it down before it was completed

Edited by gc75067

I had to decline to them...  I just could not make the short setup deadline.

Same here, couldn't not even think about Oct for setup and shooting. 

If they had offered... I could have done it, but really with my display I am the "Only" one who puts it up.  The wife doesn't do ladders/heights, and the kids...  well they ARE kids.  So it may not have made real exciting TV to see someone freaking out trying to do it all himself...  Maybe that would have made GREAT TV.  Some guy in Oregon running around in the mud, dangling from ladders and stressing out about how to keep the cords out of the water.   I don't know, however, how the boss man would stand me being gone from work for three weeks.  It would have been fun though if I did it after work, can you imagine a crew's response when I told them I would be working on my display up every night from 2-6 AM.

• The topic was locked