Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I add new CCR's to layout?

chowell

Last year I operated 3 CCR's, each on an arch.  My layout/visualization shows the three rows for sequencing, and the three arches below.  This year I am adding 12 new CCR's in a horizontal matrix so it looks like a billboard.  How do i add these to my existing layout?  I still need to see and work with the arches but start working with the new matrix as well.

Thanks in advance.

Corey

I would make a visualization of your display. If you want to use sequences that others have made for 12 CCRs then it is best to put the 12 CCR matrix at the bottom of your visualization and put the 3 arches at the top. When you import the visualization the horizontal matrix should get mapped to the bottom 12 green sequencing rows, and the 3 arches should get mapped to the sequencing rows above that. Then you can load a 12 ccr sequence and then import your visualization and the 12 ccr sequence will get played to the 12 ccr matrix.

Now, the problem is that you have some existing sequences for your arches that need to be moved up 12 sequencing rows to where the arches now reside. This takes some work but isn't as bad as you might think. Do the following:

1) Click on the Edit menu, then click on "select all."

2) If the first effect in your sequence is a scene then the scene dialog box will appear. Click on "group modify"

3) In the group modify dialog box click on "move pixels."

4) Click on the up arrow 12 times so that the pixels get moved up 12 rows.

5) Click on Ok

All the pixels in the scenes in the selection will get moved up 12 rows.

To take care of the morphs, do the following:

1) Click on the Edit menu, then click on "select all."

2) Do Ctrl + click on the first scenes in the selection. You want to make it so the first effect in the selection is a morph.

3) When the first selection is a morph, the morph dialog box will appear. Click on "group modify"

3) In the group modify dialog box click on "move pixels."

4) Click on the up arrow 12 times so that endpoints of the morphs get moved up 12 rows.

5) Click on Ok

All the endpoints in the morphs in the selection will get moved up 12 rows.

Save this to a file by a new name.

Now, if you have a 12 CCR sequence from someone else, you will want to combine it with the arch sequence.

The area below the time ruler is called the time layers. There are 40 time layers. Decide which layers you want the arch sequence to be in and which layers you want the 12 CCR sequence to be in. Lets say you want the arch sequence to be in layers 1-10 and the 12 ccr sequence to be in layers 11-40.

Do the following:

1) load the 12 ccr sequence

2) import your visualization containing the 12 ccr matrix and the arches

3) Click on Edit, then click on "select all"

4) Click on the "move effects down" button 10 times to get all the effects in time layers 11-40

5) Save the file to a new name such as "my12CCRSequenceMovedDown10Layers.sup"

6) Open the arch sequence. You should have already move the effects up 12 sequencing rows so they are in the arch sequencing rows in your visualization.

7) Click on Edit, then click on "select all"

8) Click on the "copy" button

9) Click on Edit, then click on "Load/Save Clipboard"

10) save the effects as a clipboard file

11) Open "my12CCRSequenceMovedDown10Layers.sup"

12) Click on Edit, then click on "Load/Save Clipboard"

13) Open the arch clipboard file

14) Click on the time ruler at the point where the first effect is of the arch sequence

15) click on "Paste"

16) The arch sequence clipboard file will get pasted starting at the point where you had a selection on the time ruler

If it is not where it should be, use "nudge left" or "nudge right" to move it.

Sorry that it takes all this to combine some new sequences. It is a bit of a pain, but it is doable and worth doing. Message me if there are parts of this that are not clear.

OK, sorry to seem so new at this but this baffles me.  So I of course already have a full visualization of my display including last years addition of the three CCR arches.  Are you suggesting to go in and edit the visualization I currently use to include the new 12 CCR matrix?  And then follow the additional instructions you have given?  Or will I create an entirely new visualization using the visualizer? 

You can add the 12 CCR matrix to your existing layout.

However, now that I think of it, it may be easier to keep the 12 CCR matrix separate and combine the two after export.

So I created a new visualizer that only contains my three CCR arches, and the new 12 CCR matrix.  The arches are on top, matrix on the bottom.  It created the green horizontal matrix just as you said.  The top three rows still run the arches, and the bottom twelve run the matrix.  I am trying to follow along with what you are suggesting with the old sequences.  Let me ask this:  Say I want to go back in to my Blue Christmas sequence and add some content in to the new matrix.  Can I import the audio, program the matrix within superstar using only the 12 matrix rows, and then export that content in to the Blue Christmas sequence?  Will that leave what I have currently done on the 3 arches alone, and simply add in the new stuff I want to do with the matrix?  Also, when I import the new visualizer in to superstar, no matter what color I choose to use for the ribbon, it comes out white on the visualizer.  It did not do that when I only had the 3 arches and was using CCR mode instead of visualizer mode.

Thanks in advance.

Corey

I originally thought you had a sequence of just your arches. When I realized you had a visualization of all of your lights including the arches that's when I mentioned it might be easier to leave that alone, and sequence your 12 CCRs separately and then export them separately and combine them with copy/paste. You can load the same audio file for the 12 CCRs and sequence them separately and it will be in synch when you copy/paste them into the same sequence.

Right now you have an exported sequence that you run in the Sequence Editor that runs your arches and rest of your lights. Add 12 CCRs to that Sequence Editor file. After you create a sequence for your 12 CCRs, you export it, then use copy/paste from the exported 12 CCR sequence into the 12 empty CCR rows that you created in your main sequence that you already have.

The other approach is to get everything into one visualization and then you can sequence everything together and export them together. But if you are going to take the copy/paste approach then you don't need to do what I described in my earlier posting.

Thanks a ton Brian.  I will try to get this going.  I got in to the 3 arches last year pretty easily but adding on to the CCR's this year seems a little more difficult than I imagined.  Hopefully it will get easier as I go. 

Corey