Light-O-Rama Forums

FIRST SEQUENCE EVER

mjdamico23

Well, I think I did it! I finished my first sequence ever 'Dominic the Donkey'. I feel like a kid who pooped in the toilet for the first time lol. I've been working on this for like 2 weeks and have it set up on 16 channels for now. The light sets are red and green used to portray candy canes on pillars of my house ( which I am using for testing) but I sequenced based upon the layout of my house. I would love any feedback or any ideas to make it better but be gentle, I'm still on training wheels! Excuse my excitement ......(and the one set of red lights that is half working :-)

Edited by mjdamico23

I tried using the visualizer but I only have the basic edition so I was only able to get the picture, make the light drawings, but couldn't play it unless I'm doing something wrong

In the sequence editor under the Play menu do you have the Control Visualizer option checked?

In the visualizer do you have the Simulation Mode running?

I remember my first display (last year) and how excited I was. Funny thing is, I think I'm even more excited this year. I'm pretty sure that feeling never goes away no matter how many years you do this stuff! Good job, the timings look spot on. Good luck and Happy Lighting!

In the sequence editor under the Play menu do you have the Control Visualizer option checked?

In the visualizer do you have the Simulation Mode running?

No and no lol. Thanks Edited by mjdamico23

• 4 weeks later...

I remember the feeling I had after I got my first controllers and plugged in everything for the first time. I still get that feeling after I get everything all setup and programmed!

Well done, your timing looks good, can't wait to see it out and on your home!

Congrats

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great comments. I tried the visualizer and it may be cause it's a bad picture I must say, it looks like crap!!! But I have redone already since I bought another controller and did more tweaking. I'm trying to find someone with a video camera because I want it on video and I think it'll be sharp!

I remember my first display (last year) and how excited I was. Funny thing is, I think I'm even more excited this year. I'm pretty sure that feeling never goes away no matter how many years you do this stuff! Good job, the timings look spot on. Good luck and Happy Lighting!

This is the second year for me too.  I think I'm in the same boat.  I'm more excited this year than I was last year.  I've had 2 candy cane pinwheels in my living room dancing just about every night, my wife keeps hounding me to do something with them.  I told her they will be out next week when they go on the roof. :lol: I never get tired of lighting them up!

Thanks for all the great comments. I tried the visualizer and it may be cause it's a bad picture I must say, it looks like crap!!! But I have redone already since I bought another controller and did more tweaking. I'm trying to find someone with a video camera because I want it on video and I think it'll be sharp!

I had to tweak my sequences also.  Bought controllers at the spring sale and the summer sale.  Will be looking forward to some video of the whole display.

Good start, And now you have the bug, the LOR bug. I did this song last year. my next door nabors name is Dominic His wife wanted me to do the song she loved it and there family as well. But my freind Dominic wasn't that fond of it. it was funny anyways. I did this sequence  very fast so it's not as good as it could be.

• Like 2

Good start, And now you have the bug, the LOR bug. I did this song last year. my next door nabors name is Dominic His wife wanted me to do the song she loved it and there family as well. But my freind Dominic wasn't that fond of it. it was funny anyways. I did this sequence very fast so it's not as good as it could be.

Hey! What is the spacing on your lights that are on the grass(green) that are vertical. like inches from left to right.

I'm doing my yard like that and your spacing looks good!

• Like 1

The ground lights spacing is 8 section each section has 5 rows, from left to right i believe the 6 inch could be 8 inch between each row, and there 16 feet long. i built a pvc fram for each section so i can add ccrs to it later. i hope that helps

I think 8 inch would look good i did the 12 inch set up my first year and the yard looked as if i didnt have anough lights on the ground.  so i went with a closer span and it looked alot beter.  if you have a large front yard then 8 inch would look good. it also will save you money for lights.