Light-O-Rama Forums

2013 Haunted House, Asylum 49, Chimney display

hdbaird

My 2013 "Asylum 49 Haunted House/Hospital" display for the attraction located in Tooele, UT.

I only did 3 new shows this year (compared ot 5 last year), however, with the new "Smooth effects" feature of the SuperStar sequencer and the increased speed of the comm ports, the shows I feel are much better.  I also did update some of last years shows (Enter Sandman, Lunatics have taken over the Asylum, Fire) with the new effects.  BIG improvements.

Some other changes, I upgraded the laser from the 700mw to 1000mw and upgraded the "lighted fog machines" (using the Chauvet Geyser... Where was this when I needed it last year?).  I'm only posting one of the new shows here.  I didn't want to overwhelm this message post (which I think I did last year).  You can search for the others on youtube.  Just look for "Asylum 49 laser light show"

Here's my favorite for the year.

and the "laser only portion" of the same show.

Doug

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year or at least nothing has been accurately documented.  Please bring me two Chauvet Geysers.  I will leave a larger portion of my famous bacon corn dog chocolate chip cookies and a beer.

Chet

• Like 1

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year or at least nothing has been accurately documented.  Please bring me two Chauvet Geysers.  I will leave a larger portion of my famous bacon corn dog chocolate chip cookies and a beer.

Chet

Those Chauvet Geysers are impressive.  I've used other fog machines, but I've never had one put out this much fog (requiring refilling of the reservoir more often).  When the wind isn't blowing, they will cover the entire display, which is 30' tall. And with the LED base, it really adds to the effect.  A definate "must have" for any of my future displays. AND.... I bought them locally (Guitar Center).  No mail order.  One other piece of info... I'm using "Froggy's Fog CO2 Blast Effect" 

http://www.froggysfog.com/c=xUNImf9elW3Wk8HVI9Uccgy7Y/category/10-fluid.10-fog.65-ds-co2-blast-effect/

I haven't had time to compare it with other generic fog fluid to see if it makes a difference, but you can't argue with the results.

Doug