Light-O-Rama Forums

New TLD's for Website's (domain names)

PMC

Upon looking at the 700+ new TLD's (example: .com, .org, .net ) there is a ".christmas", I went ahead and reserved the domain name "lights.christmas"

Where did you reserve that at? I didn't know these were even approved yet. I thought there were still under review to see if they would become TLD's. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like the earliest .christmas will come about is April 14..if you can believe the internet that is...

According to that commericial that I keep seeing, they can't put anything that isn't true on the internet.  lol

According to that commericial that I keep seeing, they can't put anything that isn't true on the internet.  lol

He's a french model ya know... 

Great question...how does that work? 

supposedly the company you pre-register with claims them as taken and gives you so many days/hours to claim them or release them.. problem is if other sites have them pre-registered as well i have no idea how they will say who gets what..

Edited by gc75067

• 2 months later...

Has anyone heard a definitive update on any of this?

I actually got an e-mail around the beginning of November asking if I wanted it and for payment, seeing the cost was out of my monthly budget, I decided to let it go.

• The topic was locked