Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Star Layout

colonel

I am building a star with 10 - 13" legs and am mounting  2 CCB's or 100 bulbs on it, 10 per leg (20 per point/trangle). Then sequencing it with star burst, etc. I gave up trying to figure out how to set it up with Ch1-100 so I am just duplicating 1-50 on each set and placing them next to each other like 1-1,2-1; 1-2,2-2, etc. My question is: in order to make the star sequence look right (point chases in or outwards) do  bulbs 1-5 go on one side and 6-10 on side 2 on triangle 1? Then 11-15 and 16-20 on the next triangle? Thx!

If you are using SuperStar then you will want to make a visualization of your star. It actually does not matter what order you physically put the lights in. What matters is how the visualization gets mapped to the green sequencing grid in SuperStar. The green sequencing grid is where you define the effects.

If it was me, this is how I would do it. Start at one of the outer points of the star with pixel 1 of string 1. Go sequentially with each light in that string in one direction and you will end up half way around the star with string 1.

Then, starting at the same outer point of the star, start with pixel 1 of string 2 and go the other direction until it ends up half way around and meets with the end of the other string.

The latest version of SuperStar allows you to import 2 visualization, one is the "real" visualization and should match how the lights actually look. The other is the "row" visualization and should be laid out in rows according to how you want it mapped to the sequencing grid. In your case you want your "real" visualization to be a star and the lights should match your real display.

If it was me, I would make your "row" visualization be 10 rows of 10 pixels, with each row corresponding to a side of a point on the star. That way you can do a morph along all 10 rows and do a starburst going outward or inward.

If you have never used the visualizer, it will take a bit to learn how to do that. Are you familiar with the visualizer?

If it was me, this is how I would do it. Start at one of the outer points of the star with pixel 1 of string 1. Go sequentially with each light in that string in one direction and you will end up half way around the star with string 1.

Then, starting at the same outer point of the star, start with pixel 1 of string 2 and go the other direction until it ends up half way around and meets with the end of the other string.

If you have never used the visualizer, it will take a bit to learn how to do that. Are you familiar with the visualizer?

If I just used one string and started at any point and went all the way around, then used Instant Sequence, Star Burst, it should start at the base and move to the points?

Yes. In CCR Mode there is a Star shape you can set for the layout. That star is for 1 ccr and the star burst in instant sequence is designed for that star. If you bring up the Layout dialog box and click "star" for the shape you can see what it looks like.