Light-O-Rama Forums

Transfering Sequence Show to Laptop

Struax87

I have all my sequences on my PC and would like to transfer them to my lap top so I can use this for my show.  I'm not really sure how to copy and move them to the laptop and do it correctly.  any help would be appreciated.

They are just files, copy them like you would anything else.  When you install the LOR software on your laptop do so with the same directory structure as on your PC & copy the files to the same directories as on the PC.  Thumb drives work great for this purpose.

Edited by Liberty-Laser

Go into program files, lightorama, the the sequences and audio folders, copy the .lms and .mp3 files you want to transfer to a flash drive, then go into the same place  on the laptop, and copy them into the correct folder. They should then show up under the existing sequence folder when you open the sequence editor. You may have to import the audio file into the sequence though. Oops, Tim beat me to it,

Bill

Edited by bisquit476

Check out dropbox.com.  You can share files easily between multiple computers, plus you have an extra source of back-up.  First 2GB are free.

Thanks to all,  I just wasn't sure if there was anything special I need to do.  So it sounds like  I have to copy the audio also. They don't go when I copy the sequence.

Nope.  You'll need folder "Sequences" & folder "Audio" - as a minimum.  However it won't hurt to just copy everything under your "Light-O-Rama" folder.

I just use my Brighthouse Wireless networking service and move files between all my computers.  Very easy and no carrying thumb drives, SD cards, Data CD's or Data DVD's back and forth between computers.   

So if you have a wireless router and a home network set up it's very easy via the network places..  

Only issue I keep running into is with dadburn Windows 7 because it puts little locks on my sequences, and I have to go in and remove them so I can copy them via the network.  

Haven't figured out how to disable that option for some files and keep it for others.  

That's the only frustrating aspect I have in moving files from my laptop {Windows 7} to my main work computer  {Windows XP} out in my shed in the backyard or my other desktop backup system, also Windows XP.   Other than that, it's a piece of cake.

Edited by Orville

• 2 weeks later...

I use  dropbox.com so i can share all my files from computer to computer but it also makes it easy to upload and share offsite. If i am browsing around on my work computer and i find a sequence i like i can drop it in my dropbox and it will be accessible when i get home.