Light-O-Rama Forums

Need I say more?

LORi P

Congress f-ed me.

In what way?  Just curious, PM me with answer if you want to and don't want to post publicly.

BTW: reason I ask is I thought I'd get f-ed by the shutdown too, but doesn't seem to affect me at all.

Nothing secret here. Just had to go in this morning, sign a furlough notice, change my voicemail, put an out of office message reply on my email, turn off and secure my computer, take my plant home, and wait for the children to start playing nice.

Nothing secret here. Just had to go in this morning, sign a furlough notice, change my voicemail, put an out of office message reply on my email, turn off and secure my computer, take my plant home, and wait for the children to start playing nice.

That will never happen

In case you hadn't noticed, Congress has been doing that to us ever since the Lyndon Johnson era.

I feel your pain.  Hopefully your kids will learn to play nice and that will somehow shame Congress into doing the same. 

But the good news is, while you're waiting for that to happen, you can get some serious sequencing done in a nice quiet home office with the door locked from the inside...

Congress is trying to do their job in stopping obama care.  The established republicans just don't seem to get what the majority want.

Absolutely agree, the Senate and Obama are just as much to blame!

I disagree. Send a "clean" bill to the senate to fund the government. End of story. Trying to circumvent CURRENT LAW by games (defunding) and political terrorism (tying the funding bill to elimination/delaying CURRENT LAW) is not the proper way to go about it. If people don't want it then vote in everyone else who doesn't want it next election and it will be gone. That would be the proper way to do it. They've tried 40+ times with games to kill it and it ain't going to happen that way. It's sad they are willing to go to these extents when in the end they are going to lose.

exactly the way I feel !  little kids arguing on the playground. such a shame    

Obama care may be a good thing in the future ,but not now when the economy is so fragile. I have to laugh affordable healthcare and I'm already paying 800 bucks a month for insurance , and they say it's going up 20 to 40 percent,,,scary

Edited by james campbell

One problem is, the current law isn't the same law that was passed.  Not one of obama's promises has come true other than big change was coming and definitely not America's way of doing things and we are the laughing stock of the world.

Absolutely agree, the Senate and Obama are just as much to blame!

I don't mean to be giving civics lessons, but the Senate is part of the Congress...

Just saying...

And for the record, the current law IS the one that was passed.  Perhaps what was meant is that is isn't anything like what was promised...

Edited by George Simmons

It would be nicer IF those in Washington D.C. would read and follow the Constitution. The law that was passed ("We cannot know what it is until we pass it...") made a serious joke of the legislative process. That said, it is the law - BUT, the rules as set down in the law are being exempted for special groups, clearly in violation of the law as passed. Congress (both houses) has the power to fund, or not fund programs - that is their role.

It is one thing to send home workers - but it is something else again to actively block citizens from visiting monuments in Washington today. That is just wrong.

So... Must be time to really focus on getting ready for a fabulous LOR Christmas show and focus on Family and Neighborhood values which are good.

Folks ...

We're not here to discuss politics. The occasional light discussion is fine. However, this is the type of thread that has the tendency to get shut down.

Hey guys, don't go gettin' too political and get my thread shut down. I was just fishin' for some pity. :P

And George, how often does Sharon lock you in a room from the outside?? My family has never done that to me. Just the men in white coats. 8/

Edited by LORi P

I just have to say one thing. Lori enjoy the extra time with your kids while the grown ups playing kids games play political "tag you're it"

Edited by pyromill

So Lori, how is the sequencing in a locked room going???   Just hope you are not locked in the same room with George.  Well maybe, he could do all the sequencing for you.