Light-O-Rama Forums

Can the CTB16P run DMX?

canadianchristmas

That's the same board that is in the CTB16PC-RTG's, which can accept a DMX address.

So how do I give it the DMX address can you send me any posts or links or any thing on how to do this? Thanks!

i'm not positive but on that controller you can use a dmx address up to only 240. I just got a CMD24B in the documentation section it shows how to convert lor controller to dmx

Here are the PDF instructions for the CTB16PC Gen 3 controller. 

Thanks I'm also guessing I would need to make or buy a conversion cable from pins 4-5 to pins 1-2 I'm correct?

Thanks I'm also guessing I would need to make or buy a conversion cable from pins 4-5 to pins 1-2 I'm correct?

Might come in handy, yeah.

will any ctb16 do that or just gen 3?  cause mine doesnt

Maybe if you have a older control update the firmware you will also need a conversion cable if your running not it through a non LOR dongle. I personally am running it through a LOR dongle that works on pins 5-6 with 2 16 channel LOR controls, But I also needed to make a conversion cable because I bought a few Chinese RGB controls that run on pin 1-2 DMX, The reason it may not work for you is because you may be sending the data through the wrong pins or you have a old firmware.

• The topic was locked