Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director File length

ldogg53

So I got a whole set up back in May this year.  I will be running a show in my yard for Halloween with 1 controller being operated by the mini director.  In theory everything should be new and up to date with regards to firmware correct? 

I'm sitting here reading through the instructions on the mDM-MP3 mini director and under "important considerations" it states that individual audio files are limited to 10 minutes.  From searching this site it appears that perhaps that is only a limitation to the old units/firmware and not the new? Can anyone confirm? 

And if this is the case, what do I do?  I have one sequence that is just over 11 minutes long.  I can't figure out how to shorten it in the sequence editor, and clearly do not have the time to go back and edit the mP3 file down and redo all my work.  You guys know that is hours and hours worth.  

Yes, it is a limitation in older versions.

Considering you bought it in May of this year, I would expect it to have the latest version of firmware on there. Page 28 or so of the docs shows you how to update the firmware of this device. What I don't remember (and don't have one here at the house to test with) is if you can see the version of firmware on the device prior to upgrading.

If so, and the firmware is in the 4.x range, then I think you're okay. You could always test this by creating a single sequence show for the mini-director and letting it play. If it goes over 10 minutes, then you have a recent version of firmware.