Light-O-Rama Forums

Error log file?

DrWizard

Does showtime write to any sort of log file when there is an error?  I've looked in ProgramData\LightORama and Users\MyName\AppData\Local and Roaming and I didn't find anything.

The reason I'm asking is that I am getting an error/crash -- that is my own fault!  I've been editing a channel configuration file manually to clean it up and organize it just to my liking (faster, easier than within showtime itself) but I'm getting "Invalid procedure call or argument" with no other details.  I've been thru my edited channel config with a fine tooth comb and can't find anything wrong so I'm looking for clues or a pointer as to where to search.

Does showtime write to any sort of log file when there is an error?  I've looked in ProgramData\LightORama and Users\MyName\AppData\Local and Roaming and I didn't find anything.

If you are asking if there is logging when opening a sequence and getting an error, I don't know of any that are kept. You might need to put in a ticket via the help desk and ask them exactly what that error message implies. To me, though, it sounds like something 'simple' was left out. Maybe a quote symbol, or something else like that. *shrug*

Actually, I didn't edit the file by hand, I created a script to generate it, so everything would be perfectly formatted and sequential.  Since it's XML, I tried importing it into Excel and Microsoft Access, without any problems, and I even generated a query to check for duplicate IDs.  I've compared the first part of it, character-for-character with a smaller one I manually generated within showtime.  The only thing I can think of being wrong with it might be the size (It's for a DMX universe of 150 RGB LED pixels, so, 450 channels in 6 groups) and yet I've seen other channel config files that are even bigger.

I've already successfully generated other smaller LOR files with scripts without problems.  (Well, I had problems, but I was able to figure out what stupid thing I did wrong.  This one has me baffled.)

I guess the next thing to try is cutting it into pieces and importing them one at a time.