Light-O-Rama Forums

C7 LED bulbs > .96W out there?

lowepg

I was looking to swap out the incan bulbs from a bunch of jack-o-lanterns i bought for our display.

I bought some orange LED bulbs from 1000bulbs to try.

The color looks great, but they are throwing a pretty meager amount of light :-(

I can try the white bulbs to see it they produce more light, but before i buy another 25 bulbs (!!) i thought Id ask for any better solutions?

I've looked around and Ive not seen anything with more power than .96W.... is that accurate?

If I recall, the C7 bulbs only have 3 leds in them.  The C9s have 5 LEDs and I can attest that they are bright.  You might want to try C9, but you'll have to change the socket also. 

Tom

Hmm. Well part of the attraction of the jack-o-lanterns i bought (about 30!) was that they already include the socket... ;)

If that's the only option, I may indeed try rebuilding them, but was hoping for a screw-in solution !

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Fairly accurate for L.E.D. bulbs and Mini Incans are usually .96w and is why I prefer C7 INCANDESCENTS for Blow Molds and Jack O' Lanterns..

I won't use L.E.D. C7's in my Jack O' Lanterns for that very reason, they don't emit enough light.   I use Orange 4W or 7W C7 Incandescent bulbs.  I also only use Clear 4W or 7W C7 bulbs in my Blow Molds that use those style of bulbs.    I've tried the L.E.D. bulbs in my Jack O' Lanterns and Blow Molds, they just couldn't cut it, just not bright enough and I didn't want to make the holes for the bulbs any larger than what they already are, so went back to incans and they work the best in these applications in my opinion..

Yes, I was trying to to reduce power as all the rest of my setup (rope lights for singing faces, net lights, icicle lights) are LED.

However, this might not be worth the tradeoff in power output....

btw- do you prefer the clear or opaque?

I was leaning towards opaque since the bare bulb can look a bit harsh through the cutouts... though angling the face down a bit teds to help here...

I use the orange opaque.  I bought out Home Depots Christmas Orange Opaque C7 incans last year. 

Hit every HD within a 5 mile radius of me and cleaned them out. 

I mostly only use them for my Jack O' Lanterns, sometimes I'll use them for the small window sill candles I painted flat black for Halloween use and the standard white {non painted} ones for Christmas.  

I believe the HD ones were all 7W, but they may have been 4W.   I try to use 4W whenever I can as they are less power than the 7W ones and the 4W are just as equally bright.

• The topic was locked