Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches

olduffer

Hi All

I just ordered another controller, and would like to add 2- 8 string arches this year.

Any advice on how to make them? Materials you used, and dimensions?

Thanks so much!

1/2" or 3/4" CPVC Electrical Conduit, 4 pieces of rebar ~24", 1" or 1 1/4" CPVC Electrical conduit.

Take a string (1-3 depending on how many lights you want for each channel) of the lights you will use, and wrap at one end of the larger conduit, leaving an inch or so at the end. once wrapped, mark the conduit and cut. Now, cut 15 more pieces this length and wrap those with the lights.

Depending on the shape of the arch, either 45 degrees or 90 degrees or somewhere in between, drive one of the re-bar pieces at that angle, slide one end of the smaller conduit over the re-bar. now creat your arch to the width and height you want (YMMV). Take 8 of your sleeves and slide them on the conduit and repeat for the second arch.

Wrap 1 or 2 more cut sections for backup in case of a section failure. If you have a light string failure, just swap the bad one for one of your spares.

Here's another way to do it, but you still want to use sleeves for ease of change out and storage. http://www.lightuplawrence.net/Home/how-to-1/mini-arches

Thank you Ron! I looked at several on u-tube, but they were all 1 piece--your way will be so much more versatile!

Thanks again

Tim

post-11105-0-57518400-1380656539_thumb.jThanks for the replies all, I went with a little different approach for the arches, since I had some extra deck boards and a miter saw handy. Also, the lights will be very easy to change strings if I have to. The  base boards are drilled so I can stake them to the ground. A little crude perhaps, but ya gotta work with what ya got-lol

• Like 3