Light-O-Rama Forums

12 hours to go ..

smeighan

I just found this thread.  By now you've made it through surgery and resting I hope.  Thoughts, prayers and best wishes to a speedy recovery!

Just reading this too. It appears that all went well with the surgery Sean. And by now I understand you have gone through your first day of recovery. Glad to hear that they caught the problem before it did you in. Pray that your recovery goes well and fast. I hear that many people say that they feel the best that they have in years. Just do with the doctors and wife tell you. Let others take care of the worldly problems and you just focus on getting better.

Hi all

Operation went gtrat according to surgeon.

They want you walking four times a day. I can do that pretty well.

They also want you inhaling into a device.i can only inhale 500ml. They want 1000ml.man, it hurts to breath deep

Walk and breath , that's my job now

Still have two chest tubes into the cavity space around the lungs. I hope those come out tomorrow

Thanks for everyone's support

Hi all Operation went gtrat according to surgeon. They want you walking four times a day. I can do that pretty well. They also want you inhaling into a device.i can only inhale 500ml. They want 1000ml.man, it hurts to breath deep Walk and breath , that's my job now Still have two chest tubes into the cavity space around the lungs. I hope those come out tomorrow Thanks for everyone's support

Good to hear! Take care and heal quickly.

Glad to hear that it went well.  By now I would hope the worst is behind you.  Had triple bypass several years ago so know from experience how it feels.  Was shocked by just how physically spent I was just trying to take a shower 2 days after.  There was a much older gentleman and with his wife down the hall and he was scheduled for the surgery and the nice asked me to stop by his room and give him some some words of encouragement.  So I did.  Then the guy felt bad for me because he ended up leaving the hospital days before I was allowed to.  One hint, try to get off the pain pills as soon as possible, they have a way of making some things plug up.   It will take some time but in 30 days you will begin to feel like yourself again.  Good Luck

Glad to hear you're recovering. Remember, the more pain you can tolerate the faster you heal. Walk, breath, and walk some more. And don't get discouraged if you feel you should be healing faster. Everyone is different and doctors are way too optimistic in predicting your recovery time.

At least that was my experience. You'll be slinging light strings in no time! :D

• The topic was locked