Light-O-Rama Forums

Thank you BobO

Ron Boyd

I know there's been several threads about BobO's software, but I want to give a shout out to BobO. Thank you my friend for Vegomatic.

I decided to see how long it would take to convert my matrix to RGB channels. There will be 640 total pixels in a 20 string by 32 pixel matrix. I added 4 Universes of DMX and decided to time the sequence editor. From the time I hit ok after putting the name in and everything until 50 minutes later, I closed the SE and said "To heck with it, I'll try Vegomatic."

I watched Andy's vid to learn how to do the RGB channel trick. After watching the video, from the time I double clicked Vegomatic to open the program until the channel config was complete and opened, was less than 5 minutes. One tenth of the time. Vegomatic sure does make quick work of almost 4 Universes of DMX. It already had the 20 strings with 32 pixels grouped and the channel count was spot on.

Thanks BobO.

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ron, I went through the same issue this year. Bob tool was a life saver and when it added to my existing sequence I knew then it rocked. I was in the chat room when Andy heard about it and tried it and out came the video. When I was doing it the hard way computer took forever and would crash. Andy told me about a 4g patch and it was on. No issues so far this year and looking forward to some great videos..

Jeff

I agree,  BobO's vegamatic tool makes it a snap to create and modify channels.  I still havn't got the hang of the Matrix program yet, but I'm watching the videos and learning.  Bob's a great guy and will assist you with what you want to do.  I owe a Big Thank You to Bob this year...

Kvein