Light-O-Rama Forums

Serial port error

Becky Scott

Ok. I am struggling with the show this year. I upgraded the adapter (to the red high speed piece) and now my computer will not find the network. When I open the hardware utility I receive this error:

The Serial port (Comm0) assigned to LOR has a problem. You may need to select another port.

Operation valid only when the port is open. Trace: PollStation

I click ok through the error and pick the Auto Config option. I get a box that reminds me to connect the SC485 Serial connector and to make sure it is powered on. I click ok and receive the following error:

.Unable to locate LOR port....... Becuase of access erros not all ports were checked

I seem to have horrible luck with comm ports. They either lock on or won't open and I have no idea how to fix this. Please help

Thanks

What version are you using, and what operating system?

Please run the LORDiagnostic tool and send me (bob@lightorama.com) the results.  Please clearly reference this thread in the email that you send me.

Click on

Start button -> All Programs ->Light-O-Rama -> Light-O-Rama Diagnostics.

A box will pop up and fill with text.

click on the copy button at the botton of this window.

Open a new email with bob's email address.

Under subject put "Serial Port Error"

click in the body of the email and then paste (control-V).

All the text should now be in the email.

Click "Send" and bob should get it.

Thanks. I just sent the email. I updated the S3 software Sunday to the latest version. I also updated to the latest firmware for the CCR controllers so I could decrease the number of networks needed to run the 24 strand CCR Matrix with the faster speed. I switched out the black adapter for the red one. I use windows 7 to run the show. I was able to watch the show on the display Sunday night. However, the lights froze with the new Superstar effects so I figured I needed the 500 speed. Now that everything has been updated I can't run the lights. I can still run the sequence editor and superstar - just not plug in the lights and watch.

Did you try to manually set the com port.

Go into Control panel > System > Device Manager > Look under Ports ( Com & LPT) You should see USB Serial Port next to it should be the com port number