Light-O-Rama Forums

"Faces" and everything you wanted to know about copy and paste.

matt stuart

Almost all faces are 7 or 8 channel and have the basic Lower, middle, top Lip and the E and O channels.  Having all five of those mouth channels is key the other 3 channels are the eyes, eye lids for blinking, and the outline.

7 channel mouths do not have the blinkin eye lid.

I have actually made mine 9 channel this year.  I added bows to the faces so if a girl is singing I just turn the bows on.

typical channel lineup

top lip

middle lip

lower lip

E

o

I however set mine up

top lip

e

o

middle lip

bottom lip

So when you open up my sequence just rearange my 5 lips to match yours and copy and paste.

Make sure you have a timing grid of .04 and take advantage of the skew track.  sometimes weird things happen when you copy and paste and your timings get off.  Just copy and paste once all 32 channels at the same time then skew track left or right until it is dead on.

I hope to have a video out soon on how to do this.

Matt

Feel free to comment and ask questions.  

I am getting tired of PM everyone individually on how to do this so I started this tread, so please ask on this thread do not PM unless you need help with audio or other questions, like how are the kids, wife job.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23827-i-do-signing-faces-for-christmas-sequences-for-free/

Here is a link to my thread for sharing sequences with faces.

My dropbox link below in my signature is where you can pick up free sequences with faces.

email me for Audio info.

studog86@hotmail.com

Do you have a picture of each lip, eye, and eye brow shape/location?

Can you elaborate, I have many pictures not sure what you are needing.

I'm a newbie with singing faces. I'm not sure what a "o" or "e" looks like. I think an "o" is probably what I think it is. But "e" not sure. Really I'm just looking for a pic or video of the mouth in each of the 5 positions. Just so I can get a feel of what I should be planning when I make my own face. Also the same would be great for the eyes. Or does that basicly entail just off, on, or half open? Thanks For your help and all the time you have donated on these songs! Rob

Check out the attachment that shows all the mouth movements.  The eyes are two channels.  Turn one off and on for blink, it doesnt matter which one you shut off, its your choice, I mix it up depending on the song.

Matt

CompareMouths.html

I think this is what I'm looking for but I cant seem to open the attachment properly? I see a bunch of empty square,huumm.

Edited by robo

I think this is what I'm looking for but I cant seem to open the attachment properly? I see a bunch of empty square,huumm.

Right click file

left click open with.

choose internet explorer chrome safari firefox netscape, blah blah blah.

It is an Html file, and must be open with anything that handles html.

Right click file

left click open with.

Here is the jpg if you still cant get it open.

The html has much more detail and shows the wavy lips for etc and L 

post-11042-0-86325500-1378852328_thumb.j

Edited by matt stuart

Almost all faces are 7 or 8 channel and have the basic Lower, middle, top Lip and the E and O channels.  Having all five of those mouth channels is key the other 3 channels are the eyes, eye lids for blinking, and the outline.

I have actually made mine 9 channel this year.  I added bows to the faces so if a girl is singing I just turn the bows on.

typical channel lineup

top lip

middle lip

lower lip

E

o

I however set mine up

top lip

e

o

middle lip

bottom lip

So when you open up my sequence just rearange my 5 lips to match yours and copy and paste.

Make sure you have a timing grid of .04 and take advantage of the skew track.  sometimes weird things happen when you copy and paste and your timings get off.  Just copy and paste once all 32 channels at the same time then skew track left or right until it is dead on.

Matt

Thanks for the info Matt you make it simple to understand, I have 2 questions

1) on the channel line up what is the E

2) did you make the video yet would love to see it

Thanks

Right click file

left click open with.

Matt,

Your link does not work because it is trying to point to a file on your local computer.  The rest of us can't access that.

Matt,

Your link does not work because it is trying to point to a file on your local computer.  The rest of us can't access that.

Well Paint my face red and call me stupid, it does.

I will try to find the link to the page I got that from.

Hold tight.

typical channel lineup

top lip

middle lip

lower lip

E

o

I however set mine up

top lip

e

o

middle lip

bottom lip

Matt

Thanks for the info Matt you make it simple to understand, I have 2 questions

1) on the channel line up what is the E

2) did you make the video yet would love to see it

Thanks

Click on the thumbnail picture two posts up from this one you will see pictures of the various faces and there Phoneme (mouth position)

For the Coro Tree the e is an oval,  for the Aliens it is a wavy line lip close to an oval.

Edited by matt stuart

• 1 month later...