Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Problem

jpohio

Ok, I did a partial setup today, rather this evening. I got out what I was going to use for this & got it all set up. Got the controllers in place & hooked up to my laptop. The 1st thing I did was run the hardware utility to make sure all the connections were good, and it was. The 2nd thing I did was to test each controller from the hardware utility... everything is going good so far. The 3rd thing I did was play each song from the "Sequence Editor", because I wanted to play each individually... everything worked just fine. To this point everything is working like it's suppose to. The 4th thing I did was to "Enable" the show, and herein lies the problem...my radio sign goes out when each song starts, then comes back on at the very end of the song.
I am really puzzled by this and thought maybe I missed something, so I went back to the hardware utility and ran the test on the controller in question... nothing, the controller works fine. I run the show again...same thing happens. I go back to the sequence editor and it (the radio sign) works flawless throughout each song.
I am completely stumped...anyone have any ideas???

this is a little weird. i'm experiencing the same exact thing, at this very moment.

i ran this same setup last year for halloween and Christmas and had no difficulties at all.

This year, i sit right where you do. i do appear to have 1 of my 9 songs that work 100% through the Show, yet all 9 work individually thru Sequence.

Figured mine out....and i'm pretty much an idiot. i had all of last years shows in my show editor and i was testing all of this year's sequences in the sequence editor. i update them each year and have the year in the filename.

the 1 that was working, was the only new song i introduced this year into my halloween show.

when i created a new show with all 2007 songs, it went off without a hitch.

....but i'm still an idiot....

I was having a similiar issue with my light sign when I had a background sequence that had the same unit and channel on the musical sequence. I do not know the details, but when I removed the unit and channel from the background sequence and left it on the musical sequence, then my sign went on for the entire show. I was trying to make it so the light on the sign would not flash off between sequences.

Kevin Easley wrote:

Figured mine out....and i'm pretty much an idiot. i had all of last years shows in my show editor and i was testing all of this year's sequences in the sequence editor. i update them each year and have the year in the filename.

the 1 that was working, was the only new song i introduced this year into my halloween show.

when i created a new show with all 2007 songs, it went off without a hitch.

....but i'm still an idiot....

Kevin,
You're not a idiot...you figured out what your problem was & fixed it! And I thought about what you wrote. But since this is my first year, all of my sequences are from this year. You did bring up a good point, in how you fixed your dilemma, in my opinion.

Jeff

dbaxter21073 wrote:

I was having a similiar issue with my light sign when I had a background sequence that had the same unit and channel on the musical sequence. I do not know the details, but when I removed the unit and channel from the background sequence and left it on the musical sequence, then my sign went on for the entire show. I was trying to make it so the light on the sign would not flash off between sequences.

Thank you for the tip!

Jeff