Light-O-Rama Forums

3 Test Videos of 3 elements for this year

Ron Boyd

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wqh4zjtc344ddm/pWLZNrWIMH

3 videos from last night's pixel test. The timing in Siberian Sleigh Ride is a little off but that's my video editing skills or lack thereof.

Remember when watching the videos, there are other elements in the show and there are times of darkness in these. When that happens, there are other things happening in the sequence on other elements.

All sequencing was done in Superstar.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Scratches his head and rubs his eyes. Wow, I've been out of this wayyyyyy too long. I think i need to do some reading. I think I also finally feel the need to upgrade to V3 and Superstar??? of Lightorama!

Very Very cool Video!!!

Evan

I'm Presuming you made the icicles and exploding snowflakes?

Pixicles are WS2811 pixels embedded in 3/4" PEX. I plan on doing a How-to on these soon and I'll post it here. The Pixel Firesticks are 21 WS2811 pixels on the pole and 6 arms of 7 2811s. Everything was sequenced in Superstar, my choice for sequencing. It's fast and there are a blue million effects I can get out of it. There's just a few effects I use Nutcracker for, namely Spirals on the Pixel Tree. I just can't seem to figure that out in Superstar.

Glad you folks liked it.

Ok so I'm really green at all of this. How do the WS2811 Pixel strings interface with LOR? I'm guessing they must be DMX and their must be a converter from LOR that addresses DMX Items?

Sorry it's been like 3 years since I've looked at this stuff and that's a lifetime in the seasonal lighting game!

Evan

WS2811 pixels, diybllc.com pixel controller and a 5v power supply. Yes it's DMX smart pixels. I am actually running the props in the video with a E1.31 to DMX bridge from diyledexpress.com.

WS2811 pixels, diybllc.com pixel controller and a 5v power supply. Yes it's DMX smart pixels. I am actually running the props in the video with a E1.31 to DMX bridge from diyledexpress.com.

Ron:

I thought in one post you said that you where going to use the E1.31 to DMX bridge with the Tinypix controller from holidaycoro. I may be mistaken, but I was wondering if you tried them and what was the result? Also how do you like the controllers you are using?

Larry

The circle and Pixel firesticks in the videos are using the Tiny Pix controllers. The Pixicles are using the DIY Blinky controllers. All 3 elements are being ran through the E1.31 to DMX bridge, so you are correct. I need to mention, on the 2 Pixel Fire sticks, there is a data wire between the 2 that's ~10'.

I'm only using one of the Tiny Pix controller for those 2 elements. There will be 2 more of them spread throughout my display and maybe another. (Haven't decided which way I'm going with my arches yet). So to answer your question, the results for the Tiny Pix controllers is a definite positive. Neat little controller. The DIY Blinky is a tiny little thing and it's a powerful 1 universe controller, But to change everything up, you have to run a 5 RGB channel sequence through it. I actually asked these guys if they could send me a LOR sequence to show how it was done and I received it back the same day. A little harder to change, but they can do it for you if you ask. The Tiny Pix has a program that comes with it, but you have to buy the programmer cable. It's a one time purchase and good for all you have. Simple UI too.

All in all I'm very happy with the results.

• The topic was locked