Light-O-Rama Forums

Shows stop..running on vista

Rod

Does it continue to shut down after a restart, or are you allowing your computer to stay on overnight after the conclusion of the show?

I ask this because a couple of years ago, I had a similar thing happen and had to reboot everynite prior to the show to kick it off?

odd one does anybody have suggestions??

Thinking........Thinking........Thinking??

Well i hurd vista takes up memory on the Computer and dont use it yet tell microsoft take care of the bugs.

JeffG

thanks in advance all......

I'm tempted to try using the vista hardware utility not the one that I'm supposed to use wuth the adapter.

ok tried that...same problem. what about uninstalling everything and starting over. will I lose my sequences? think its worth a shot?

There is a bug in the 1.6.3 version of the software that can cause shows to stop. It has to do with the length of the song and the length of the sequence being very close. The songs will sometimes never stop. There is a work around.

In the Sequence Editor play the song from the beginning and when it reaches the end verify that it stops on its own without you clicking the red stop button. If it does then shorten the sequence total time (Edit->Change Total Time) by 1/2 second.

If it does not stop, then shorten it until it does and then take an additional 1/2 second off the sequence.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome. I had the same bug over the last few nights. Not every time a song played, but it would stop almost every time.

Dan's fix seemed to do the trick.

Now I can go record the video....

Thanks again!
Tom

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem running XP pro. The show would play 3 songs and quit. The work around fixed my problem also.
Lights on tomorrow night!
Thanks Dan!

WOW!! All that stress for an easy fix. I was going to call the next day to ask why this was happening but this solved my problem! Thanks for the help. Now I will be able to sleep better tonight.