Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 not putting out. (LOR doesn't want to play with my toys)

plasmadrive

I have a E682 board looking to run from LOR.  I have both set for Multicast.  I am using SacnView to monitor the data.  I can control the E682 from its own web page and from the SACNView.  LOR however refuses to work it. 

I have 2 universes set up in Multi. 

I have the LOR port set to "none".  (I tried set to comm1 but that and it still didn't work).

Control panel is working.

Listener is on and says "Connection Accepted"  Listening on port 8827

The lightbulb for the control panel show RED since I have no show running. I am trying to use the Sequence editor to do this testing.

Sequence editor has Control Lights checked. 

Universes and channels are as they should be.  I am only running 18 ch for testing. 

The SacnView shows no output from LOR to the DMX world. 

The status window says LOR is Disabled.  It also shows "Connected to DMX Listener"

What is wrong with this picture?  Why can't I make LOR play nice with my E1.31 setup?

HELP PLEASE..

The way I got mine to work was set up a show with a couple of sequences in it. Then I enabled the show and then did a show on demand. I got it working but I have the same problem as you right now. Hopefully one of these savvy 682 folks will chime in.

dougd are you listening? williams?

try unicast, turning off your firewall, or try to connect it straight to your pc with a cross over cable. Is this your 1st time trying to get it work or has it worked in the past

The com listener should show you all the universes that are open without any errors.

Do you have 2 network cards on this computer?

Edited by dougd

OK.. got it all working. I believe it was the port number that was the problem.  I have no clue how those numbers are derived but once I switched to port 5568 it worked right away.

The other question would be, how did it get changed to something other than 5568? That is the default value on every platform.

That is a good question.  It just came up with the 8827 on the first time.  I have an LED ball that uses a card that is on port 8888 but I have only had that on my laptop and not this computer.  

What determines the port?

I had a similar issue but completely different problem. Let me share my woes.  I have a computer which I run my shows off of and its connected to the internet.  The E1.31 also is viewed as a network connection on the computer so while I can access the E682 device from the website when LOR controls it its sending multicast.  How is your computer suppose to know which way to send that multicast traffic?  Easy solution remove the network connection to the internet and test again.  If that fixes it you need to add a route for the E1.31 interface.  

http://www.embeddedsystemtesting.com/2012/03/how-to-modify-or-delete-windows-default.html

I had a similar issue but completely different problem. Let me share my woes.  I have a computer which I run my shows off of and its connected to the internet.  The E1.31 also is viewed as a network connection on the computer so while I can access the E682 device from the website when LOR controls it its sending multicast.  How is your computer suppose to know which way to send that multicast traffic?  Easy solution remove the network connection to the internet and test again.  If that fixes it you need to add a route for the E1.31 interface.  

http://www.embeddedsystemtesting.com/2012/03/how-to-modify-or-delete-windows-default.html

There's an old thread here http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/21604-im-having-some-e131-issues-anyone-want-to-help/ that talks about routing. It starts around post #30. I did what klb suggested and it fixed my problem. I have 2 network cards, one for Internet and one for e1.31.

Hi,, I have come here with the same problem at the start of the topic.  I have a E682 card, I can access it from a web browser and run test sequences etc but when I set a sequence running in lor it receives no packets.  I'm a complete newbie but pretty normaly quite good with computer issues.  I have checked firewalls, even forwarded ports in the router etc on the off chance this is the cause.  I have set up all the sockets, universes, strings etc in E682, and assigned all the channels in lor for dmx, outputting on e1.31 on a specific ip address of 192.168.1.206 (e682 - static address allocated in router and default on e682).  Tried multicast as other posts in the thread mentioned it but that doesn't work and it just selects an address not on the network anyway.  I really don't know what else to try so any help would be very much appreciated!

• The topic was locked