Light-O-Rama Forums

Macro effect is delayed in sequence editor

slayerbobt

I'm programming 9 CCR's for my house.all with the same effects. I'm still a rookie at these CCR's but getting better.my question is I will have a part of the sequence that the ribbon is set to 1% for the logical resolution.then I want to go into a color effect with macro effect. I can get the effect to work its just coming on about a 1/2 second to late. I have tried different macro effects all with the same result. Then I tried hooking up a CCR and its inconsistant .sometimes the timing is perfect and sometimes it's delayed. also I noticed in the visualizer the effect does not work when I run the play range full sequence but if I run in visible screen the effect works fine. Any thoughts.thanks

You may be using an MP3 with variable bit rate.   This will change the timing on all effect though, not just macros.   

All the other timings are perfect. I changed a few things ,got rid of a couple macros and just went old school with programming the grid and the reaction on the ribbon is spot on. It's just when I go from regular programming to the multi colored chase macro. I read where it says you should skip a cell to prevent a caveat ,but I have tried multiple cell combiNations and can't get it to time correctly every time.

I played around with it over and over . I finally changed the speed of the macro down and that definetly helped. The book had an example of how to set up a multi colored chase .using 85% for the speed ,which that worked fine once it got going,but there was always a delay before the start. So I brought the speed down to 50% and it worked.