Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence/Music Timing Issue

JF1993

I know I've read about a way on how to fix this before, but what's happening is that when I play full sequence in the sequence editor it plays through fine. When I try to play the visible screen portion of the sequence the music doesn't line up with the music. I know there is some way to fix this through Audacity Sound Editor, but I can't remember the process on how to fix it. Any clues?

Edited by JF1993

It sounds like your music file is a variable bit rate file, and when you don't play the whole sequence, it doesn't know where to start.

Load it into Audacity, and re-export it as a .wav or a fixed-rate .mp3, and use the exported file for your music file.

It sounds like your music file is a variable bit rate file, and when you don't play the whole sequence, it doesn't know where to start.

Load it into Audacity, and re-export it as a .wav or a fixed-rate .mp3, and use the exported file for your music file.

I'll second this one.   Had issues like this when I started and found out MP3 files are most often VBR {Variable Bit  Rate} and need to be converted to CBR {Constant Bit Rate} to function and work correctly within the LOR Sequence Editor.

So now whenever I d/l a new MP3, if I have the option I save it as a CBR and no problems.   If that option isn't available, then you need a music editor to change it.

You may also need to change the bitrate {if using an MP3 Player to run the show} as most MP3's also usually d/l as a standard 320 bitrate, and MP3 Players{Director units} usually want 128 bitrate, although I use 192kbps with my older DC-MP3 Showtime Director and have never had any issues.

Thanks guys! I knew I read something about this last year, but couldn't remember what to do when the problem comes up.

• 2 weeks later...