Light-O-Rama Forums

Digital Projector Syncing

JF1993

I've seen many shows online that make use of a digital computer projector. My question is how do people make sure the projector's video runs at the right time with the light show? I've done a little research but haven't exactly been successful in finding the answer I was looking for.

LOR software supports sequencing mpeg (video) files. You will need some video editing skills. I use Pinnacle (home version of AVID) for editing, although you may be able to do simple editing with Windows movie maker. Once you have the video done, extract the audio (either in Pinnacle or download free "any video converter") and do your sequencing with just the audio file then paste the sequencing back onto the video file in LOR sequence editor. I find that errors creap into the sequencing if you try to sequence with the video file. The video signal will come out the VGA output of your computer. In the LOR sequence editor, select edit, preferences, video preferences to configure the video. Getting the projector totally automated to turn on and off for your show is another topic since most projectors have a startup and shut down sequence. Check out www.MesaChristmas.com

• Like 2