Light-O-Rama Forums

.avi or .wmv for Video Display and why?

Robert Burton

I seen both schools of thought here. Actually had some drag in the sync with .wmv, but I think it might have been a conversion issue (used dvdvideosoft.com's software for conversion). I have had success with .avi more than .wmv in getting the projector in "behaving" while going full screen. The projector is set for 4:3 ratio. Again, could be operator error.

What do you use and why?

I've used AVS4U for my editor and convert to .wmf for the past 3 sesons with no issues My screen is 5x7' and I used 16:9 but I don;t think the aspect ratiio should have anything to do with it ............I'm on windows xp.

GMac I will take a look at that. My screen is roughly 5x4. Will have to remeasure it to be for sure. I thought about it and may need to check the display settings in the computer to be sure it is configured right. Little nervous to try 16:9 since my screen is so small.

You mentioned .wmf . Do you mean .wmv????

GMac I will take a look at that. My screen is roughly 5x4. Will have to remeasure it to be for sure. I thought about it and may need to check the display settings in the computer to be sure it is configured right. Little nervous to try 16:9 since my screen is so small.

You mentioned .wmf . Do you mean .wmv????

Ya!  Ain't learned to type just yet!!  I guess B)