Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to save schedule error

MattCole

Sorry, this post clarifies the error I'm getting my previous post had the wrong wording...

Win XP home, LOR 1.6.3

I've been working on my halloween sequences and just for the heck of it I started to put together a show today. In both the show editor and the simple show builder I get an error of "Unable to Save Schdeule" Any ideas of why or reccomendations for a fix?

Thanks,

Matt

Error copied and pasted below:
---------------------------
LORSchedule
Unable to save schedule.
OK

Guest wbottomley

MattCole wrote:

Sorry, this post clarifies the error I'm getting my previous post had the wrong wording...

Win XP home, LOR 1.6.3

I've been working on my halloween sequences and just for the heck of it I started to put together a show today. In both the show editor and the simple show builder I get an error of "Unable to Save Schdeule" Any ideas of why or reccomendations for a fix?

Thanks,

Matt

Error copied and pasted below:
LORSchedule
Unable to save schedule.
OK

If you're using XP home, then it sounds like you need version 1.6.1. You can get that on the Light-O-Rama support page: http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

Ok That makes sense... now that I notice that 1.6.3 is for vista. Now I have to find the full version of 1.6.1. The file on the LOR site is for upgrading only and my download link from the yahoo store is for 1.6.3. I guess an email to support is in order.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Wahoo Figured it out! Here's the solution to those that may have the same problem in the future.

I had edited the registry entries to change the default directory for the audio and video files

I neglected to change the "User Data Path" registry key to match the folder containing the LOR audio and sequencing files. I believe that I had deleted the folder that this registry entery was pointing to.

For those really interesed the Reg keys live in HKEYCU>Software>LOR>Shared

Regular registry editing warnings apply. Back up that registry.

Matt